Plumbers forced to get vaccine

I think he just has a liking for injections.

4827E36B-F6CB-4C32-B78B-87F842F2F3A5.jpeg

Sponsored Links
This caused a problem, as contract signed in UK, but included working abroad, so the worker had given false information by saying he had not been to prison, so the company could sack them, but under British law it was permitted to withhold that information.

In English law Sec 4 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/53 grants the person the right to say he has no convictions and has never been to prison (given the purpose of the question is to ascertain if the person has any convictions) if the conviction is spent and protected by the act. Further if they take account of a spend conviction they are acting unlawfully and would need to get their wallet out.

I'm not familiar with the "local law" but the British police may have acted unlawfully is disclosing spent and protected convictions.

when entering the USA, your immigration card requires you to confirm all sorts of things, and if it turns out you gave incorrect information, you can be deported or refused entry without further ado.

If you were working in FI and were deported, the company could have sacked you for failing to turn up to work. No need to sack you for an undeclared criminal record.

when entering the USA, your immigration card requires you to confirm all sorts of things, and if it turns out you gave incorrect information, you can be deported or refused entry without further ado.

If you were working in FI and were deported, the company could have sacked you for failing to turn up to work. No need to sack you for an undeclared criminal record.

Rehab act doesn't cover foreign law - hoping that was obvious. Finding "clever" ways a sack a person with protected convictions, I'd take that one - slam dunk, pay up. Lots and lots of decided cases on this, not many suggest this is still unclear.

Most of us would have a prejudice at some level against employing people who are ex-criminals, but we have to give people a chance of work, if they have paid their price and been good since. The act is a good piece of law IMO.

Sponsored Links
Further if they take account of a spend conviction they are acting unlawfully and would need to get their wallet out.

I'm not familiar with the "local law" but the British police may have acted unlawfully is disclosing spent and protected convictions.

There's a truckload of exceptions to your law link. DBS has arrived since Mount Pleasant Airport, and if you need one, nothing is not disclosed. The list of reasons for requesting one is huge, not just teachers.

Back