Plumbing a bath against a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a new bath against a wall. It's a double ended roll top with the taps attached to the middle of the bath.

My concern is that the room is only a little wider than the bath and there will be very little space at the ends just a few cm's either side. Will this cause a problem for the plumber when he comes to plumb in the pipes to the taps which will be against the wall?

Am I being daft :oops: ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry Kev,

I'm probably coming across a bit thick but how does the plumber tighten everything up if it's all pushed against the wall with no access via the sides?

I'm hoping I don't have to redesign the bathroom :confused:

Sponsored Links
As somebody said done up before fitting, Problem is when the tap goes and if the tail ( silver braided type ) the fix can be difficult in situ. I've done on this Friday ( silver braid failed). As luck it would it the furthest one away and very difficult to get to. Had no choice but to remove bath from the wall, replace with copper pipe tail ( Owner wasn't too keen on the flexi ones- don't blame him)

Fit wall mounted taps. There are lots more to choose from nowadays then there used to be.

Unfortunately grinnc the taps attach thru the bath and I've bought it all already.

I forgot to mention this didn't I :oops: With this in mind does the advice given still stand?

It should be all made up before fitting. If all the tap connections etc are made up well it shouldn't leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back