Plumbing a dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to install a dishwasher in my utility room.

The easiest option for me is to attach the waste pipe to the soil pipe using a boss. Basically, I'm worried about if there might be a smell from the drains.

Is it OK to do this or do I have to attach the pipe to the drainage pipe from the washing machine? It would be a real pain if I had to go that route.

Thanks,

Tony.

Sponsored Links
If you use a boss on the soil pipe, you would have to fit a trap for the dishwasher. This is what stops the smell.

If your dishwasher is located next to your washing machine and the washing machine has it's own standpipe, you can get a twin tail fitting for the top of this. This allows two waste pipes to be connected to the same downpipe. Talk to your local plumbing supplier.

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortnately the dishwasher is not near the washing machine, which is why I'm going to the soil pipe. I have a U bend so I presume this method is OK.

Thanks,

TonyT.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back