Plumbing - Aqualisa colt with concealed valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me?

I've discovered a leak in my bathroom :(

I suspected this was a tap but I can now see the water is actually coming down the wall from the shower. Mine is an Aqualisa Colt with concealed valve. I've managed to turn off the water supply using isolation valves but can anyone tell me what is likely to be the problem? & also how to best approach this. :confused:

Many thanks

Gav

Sponsored Links
isolate the electrical supply, take off the cover and look for signs of a leak, may have to turn on the water to see this. if a component leaks rather than a pipe connection take a photo and post it on here for more info

Thanks! I should have said its not a power shower but fed from combi boiler - but I will investigate and post a photo - thanks again

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. I've turned off the isolating valves although it appears a dribble is still coming through on the cold inlet. Here is a photo of the shower with the cover removed. Can you advise what I need to do next?

Many thanks

GALLERY]

No the part ive uncovered is dry. The leak seems to be deeper in the wall - the other side of the wall in the next room is damp as is the floor. Do I need toremove the next stage? and if so how?

Many thanks

Then the trim plate will need to come off etc.

Have you got the instructions ?

The trim plate is the larger circular plate? No i dont have the instructions. Is it complicated?

Thanks

Thanks - I actually managed to find the installation manual on aqualisa - got the plate off but oddly everything is bone dry inside. I guess this must mean there is a plumbing problem, a leak where the head is attached or between the shower and head although as far as I'm aware that would be one length of copper pipe so unlikely to be leaking there - so logically its where it joins the shower head?

Suppose I just need to remove the shower head attachment to see whats going on?

Many thanks

GALLERY]

I've managed to get the wall outlet for the shower head off also - the holding screws were badly corroded and wet but its still not easy to see an obvious leak.

The mortar all the way around the shower valve is completely dry - so I don;t see how that can be the source of the leak. Even if there was a problem with the outlet on the valve I think you'd notice some dampness - so I think the problem must be the outlet pipe leading to the wall outlet. I can only assume that there is an elbow join which is the problem?

There is definitely some dampness in the wall itself, the tiles are damp as is the rear of the wall and the floor is wet.

Am I going to dig into the wall to work out what is going on?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Sounds like the connection on the rear fitting of the outlet.
All you can do is strip it down.
Hard to see your pics as they don't open up large enough. ;)

The outlet should just push onto a 15mm pipe with a seal, no wall elbow.

Thanks. Oh dear that means major surgery to my wall and tiles then as I'll have to dig the pipework out. I'll need a plumber once it comes to refitting as I won't be able to produce the new pipework? Here is a larger photo.....

Thanks again.
GALLERY]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back