Plumbing Course

I have been a plumber for a long time, served my time, done my courses and done all the crappy jobs for years and years

it werent easy then and it aint easy now, if I had my time again I would do something else, but so would most people doing most jobs (except for a talent scout for a brothel I suspect he would be quite happy in his work)

I also I have no problem with retrainers, in fact I have encouraged and mentor quite a few, what gets me is the attitude that plumbing is some kind of nivarna, get up late do a couple of tiddly jobs and back home in time for nieghbours with a huge wedge in your pocket. It is not like that its the same as any job, and its getting tougher.

Oh hum what are you going do except get and go to work in the morning

Good luck to everyone in and trying to get into the trade, sure it will all work out fine and this time next year we will all be millionaires

:evil:

Sponsored Links
Have often wondered what the attitude of people like yourselves & other plumbing employers is towards different types of trainees?

Do you go for younger YTS types who will probably be less interested but more likely to stay on after their training.

or

Do you go for older people who are retraining, who have no shortage of interest in the job, but who probably harbour thoughts of setting up for themselves soon after completion of training?

Ho hum. :?:

Dedication is a must.Your heart has got to be in it to really do well.I started my plumbing course in 2003 when i was 19.A year into that course and i got in with a company for 2 years and learnt a heck of alot,and beleive me there is so much to learn,not just theory but practically too.Give it 100% and show that your a keen learner and you'll be fine.

Sponsored Links
Dedication= madness in my case :eek: All water under the bridge now :LOL: got hit by arthritis. Anyways if you`re in Sath London and get work in Sussex, I`ve got spare time if you need a guide on the job ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back