plumbing courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a new member to DIYnot.com so hello to everyone :D I am seriously thinking of doing a plumbing course with a view to changing careers. I have seen lots of short courses advertised on the net. Can anyone tell me if any of these courses are worthwhile (and recomend one) or would I be wasting my money.thanks

Sponsored Links
I haven't done one of these courses, but generally they are seen as being expensive for what you get. Don't bother. If you can do some of the pipe work, well what else is there, you should be able to start with small jobs. But WHY a plumber? If you think there's loads of money, think again.

For the love of wotsit do NOT be taken in by the bu''ers

The IHPE amongst other are looking into these GIVE US 4000 AND WE WILL MAKE YOU A PLUMBER WHO WILL EARN 1000000 PER YEAR

They are a total rip off and they will give you nothing that a serious employer would take seriously

as oilman says why be a plumber

Here are some facts for you

nearly all of the 5000 places open for new plumbers and technical colleges have been full for three years and many of them have a waiting list of 4 years to new applicants

where on earth do you think this lot will get their work when they bang out?

I strongly believe that this huge influx of new plumbers are going to at least half the earning power of all plumbers, granted a huge % of them will quickly realise that the 100k a year that was touted around is the biggest pile of sh1t since Brontesuarus had the two bob bits and will leave. but that still leaves a colossal amount of plumber available for a finite amount of work

also the beauracay that we have to wae through has increased ten fold and thanks to new regs and initiatives it shows no sighs of slowing down.

I advise you look into something else (plastering, sparks etc) and steer clear of plumbing for at least five years

rant over

my 2 p worth

go on a course learn how to do what you probably already know, finish course, what do you do then? you are not a qualified tradesperson ( i have same opinion for alll courses)

the only way to become a true trades peson is to go on an aprenticeship, takes years but yuo are supervised all the time, you learn from experiance and get qualifications

another thought, after course what about insurance? it will cost more ( i would have thought) since you are not truely qualified.

to me theses courses are to keep the course operating people employed and rich

Sponsored Links
.......theses courses are to keep the course operating people employed and rich

Hmmm....rich eh? Perhaps you would like to come on one of my new intensive courses, I'll teach you everything I know in two days (if I drag it out a bit) :D AND you could earnupwards of, er.....well not a lot, right away.

Oilman where do I sign up????

Looking at the varity of courses availible howabout we all get together and become

DIYNOT TRAINING CENTRE for a mere 100,000 you to could become a something or other

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looking at the varity of courses availible howabout we all get together and become

DIYNOT TRAINING CENTRE

We already have, trouble is the people who set up the website get the money while we provide the credibility.

To sign up for one of my courses, just read the following conditions and sign below.

"I agree that by doing nothing I am totally legally bound and agree to pay 50% of all future income to oilman" er... that's it.

Now sign here quickly before the places get taken.

Signed .............................

Print name .............................

Date .............................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back