Plumbing training courses / qualifications

Sponsored Links
Lets just put this one to bed. Do you think the training your getting is anywhere near as good as a proper apprenticeship? if the answer is yes your a bloody fool mate.

why dont you go and do a proper NVQ 2 & 3 seen as your able to gain a portfolio? then you will gain respect in the heating industry off your fellow pros :D

take no notice of these idiots going on about 4 year apprentices, i can't speak about these college becuse they do seem like a rip off, but its all about desire.

these ppl who are going on about apprentices know for a fact the only time they picked up a tool in the first year was to go an put it back in the box, an then they made tea for the 2nd.

i for one would rather work with some one who really wanted to work, an was keen to learn even if they had only been doing it for 5 mins then to some dope who had served a four year apprenticship, who thought he knew it all.

so like i said its about how much you want it, dosn't matter where u start as long as u start somewhere

Sponsored Links
its all about desire.its about how much you want it.

Very true

these ppl who are going on about apprentices know for a fact the only time they picked up a tool in the first year was to go an put it back in the box, an then they made tea for the 2nd.

I was doing full installs in 4 days on my own (back boilers, 7rads ave., cutting out and building in and plastering, kopex, lifting own boards and NO power tools) before i was 18. Before my time was out (20) i was doing 2 a week and had every Friday off. Every apprentice who worked with that firm were out on their own before their time was out. But as you say "its all about desire.its about how much you want it.

i for one would rather work with some one who really wanted to work, an was keen to learn even if they had only been doing it for 5 mins then to some dope who had served a four year apprenticship, who thought he knew it all.

That's because you are obviously on price work

s therefore u didn't serve a full apprenticeship....as u were out on ure own virtually teaching ureself.......just like someone going to college an then got a start with a company wud be doing

When i was 18 i got a heating job about once or twice a month when they were busy. Had to finish in 4 days because i had Monday's at collage. Was married at 18 so needed the money. Rest of the time was spent learning the rest of my trade from experienced tradesmen on apprentice rates which at that time 2nd year was about 60p/hr. Did all sorts of work from schools/factories to leadwork domestic plumbing and heating. Heating was where the money was though. Finished collage after 3rd year then missed a year and went back for another 3 yrs and did advanced and mechanical services technician. I then turned into a heating job a day beast for the next 12 or so years.
I think i can safely say i served my time :rolleyes:

and so Red-Man retires, unbeaten, with a slightly bloody nose, but his pride, hopes, dreams and aspirations intact

take no notice of this pr$t tamz. he must of done 12 months in leeds for BG. he is most likely one of these people who would take on some 30 odd year old man who has been ****ing around since he left school. than take of a 16 year old bright eyed an bushy tail school leaver.

British gas are a disgrace of a company.

our gordon brown & co have a lot to answer for giving folk 123456789 chances in life.

joke

I honestly thought this site was here to help ppl......not a forum dictated by an "elite" few

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back