Plumbing training courses / qualifications

We do help people. Just trying to help the OP decide the plumbing trade is not for him.
There are already enough asres out there who know fa.

Sponsored Links
Its an unfortunate fact that most professionals have discovered by bad experiences that all the 16 y.o.s now are a total waste of time.

If I was taking on a trainee it would be the 30 y.o. ( or 40 or 50 ) every time as they are more mature, serious and know what they want to do.

The plain fact is that anyone now who does not get five A-C grade GCSEs and go on to higher education is already a loser in life. A very few can retrieve the situation later but their attitude to life is usually their downfall. Its no surprise they are so unhelpful when we have to waste our time with a call centre where the lucky ones end up.

Tony

Its an unfortunate fact that most professionals have discovered by bad experiences that all the 16 y.o.s now are a total waste of time.

If I was taking on a trainee it would be the 30 y.o. ( or 40 or 50 ) every time as they are more mature, serious and know what they want to do.

The plain fact is that anyone now who does not get five A-C grade GCSEs and go on to higher education is already a loser in life. A very few can retrieve the situation later but their attitude to life is usually their downfall. Its no surprise they are so unhelpful when we have to waste our time with a call centre where the lucky ones end up.

Tony

aye, so stick that in your wee pipe and smoke it, jimmy

Sponsored Links
with retirements, natural wastage etc. there is obviously a regular annual requirement for new starters in any trade. how many of these bleating individuals who were lucky enough to serve the holy grail of 'an apprenticeship' are now willing to return the service and take on 1or 2 apprentices of their own?
not many, i think, as they are all more concerned with looking after themselves and knocking other people's attempts to enter the trade in a changed world.
just where are all these apprenticeships right now? today?

Where are they all :confused: gone with the industries that used them . :idea: Changed world - you`re not wrong :!: . A major town where we shop sometimes, has at least 3 sites going on it - I was talking to a chap who said not 1 of them is taking local labour . They are all itinerant with the National Builders.. Us Old Farts` chickens will come home to roost when the demographic changes so that the youngsters now,have to keep us and see how cushy we had it :eek:

Dont bother!
Go into electrics, anything but plumbing !

There are far to many badly trained people that are chasing the same jobs as decent plumbers driving the prices down ,doing poor work, risking peoples lives by doing so.

CCC. CC :evil:

HAHA yeah, there is no one in the electrical industry doing that!! :D

The often malaligned and time served Dick Puller is doing just that!

Taking on apprentices and even buying them good quality test meters to practice on.

Part of the problem is that the current trend that everyone must go to uni and not into a vocational trade has not helped.

And if you thought the current gov adverts for apprenticeships are to redress the balance then just think for a moment that they may just be trying to reduce the unemployment figures just ahead of the election.

Tony

The often malaligned and time served Dick Puller is doing just that!

Taking on apprentices and even buying them good quality test meters to practice on.
yeah giving them meggers so they can wire up their M8`s testes and zap `em :eek: or flog them on eBay...make em buy their own :LOL:

Our apprentices get some of the best training that is going.

They work on all Plumbing service, soil & waste, sanitary ware, roof Lead work etc, etc. All types of Central Heating, from domestic to screw 'n' socket commercial. They install gas, oil, GSHPs, ASHP, gasification log & pellet boilers. Also solar & UFH. Boiler & controls fault finding....................The list is endless!!!

As Skool leavers they sit a recruitment test & must have high pass marks in English, Maths & Physics.

Of course they are like all kids of that age, but give me a Skool leaver any day................These CC/CCC of 30-40, think they know it all & give them a couple of weeks, they're trying to tell the boss how to do it!!
Too much baggage, that they carry forward from their former FAILED career!!

spot on delta, my point exactly. training these wollys in 8 weeks is a rip off & a con. they even are able to convince the prats off this site that they can actually do the job!! bloody good sales men ay :D

you have to wonder. If they beleive that they can learn 4 years of an appentiship in 8 weeks then i dont suppose it is hard to take five grand off them.

I totally agree that spprenticeship is the best way forward for a school leaver and I am very pleased that Dick Puller has a firm that has the resources and variety of work to give them a very good training in the industry.

However, the sad fact is that his firm is probably in the top 1% of size based on the number of employees. As far as we see 80% of plumbers and gas people are self employed or work in very small firms with less than five people.

For the sole trader the variety of work undertaken and the style of working would never give enough variety. Furthermore the typical over 40 plumber would just be seen as an old fogey by a 16 y.o. For the sole trader a mature trainee is easier to manage, more serious and likely to learn a lot IF carefully selected.

Its also amusing that virtually all plumbers will be sending their own children to uni rather than a vocational career. Few of their children would want to do plumbing either!

Tony

Our apprentices get some of the best training that is going.

finding....................The list is endless!!!

As Skool leavers they sit a recruitment test & must have high pass marks in English, Maths & Physics.

!!
:LOL: If I`d got those results . I`d have gone to Uni . in 1972 and become a surveyor or an architect @ the taxpayer`s expense :LOL: :LOL: ..Do they get lessons in self publicity too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back