plumbing dilemmas...a request for advice.

it's a brand new pump. When we extended the kitchen we replaced everything

Could it just be a case of replacing the existing TRVs with ones specific for single loop? Expensive, but obviously cheaper than a few new pipes

Sponsored Links
I believe it's on the maximum anyway - we've had the engineers out a lot to have a look

creating a seperate circuit should slove your problem then. Provided you can do the nessasary pipework modification without disturbing those lovely floors.

Sponsored Links
it will be fine for those two rads yes. As long as it doesn't affect the others on that circuit

Changing the old TRVs to full bore on the single loop (at £40 each...) would be 250 quid, plus fitting.

cheaper - but no guarantee of success.

many thanks for your help

to be honest I'm not sure. I've just emailed the heating engineer, but it wouldn't surprise me.

They have to be TRVs for single loop systems, otherwise they will not work properly.

but would that manifest itself in this manner? I'm guessing it would, if the flow was restricted. Could well turn out that all of them are, except the one on Bedroom 3 (say), which is therefore stopping the flow to bedroom 4 and the study.

You need a good flow on these one pipe systems, if the flow is being restriceted by use of wrong TRVs on all the rads then you are likely not getting the heat out of your system that you should.

okay - step #1 then is to get the HE to establish all the TRVs are full bore. Then potentially down the extra piping route. Could be fun.

Many thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back