plumbing experience.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my name is Chris. Im looking for some plumbing experience before I start my plumbing course. Im 28 and work full time. Im looking for 1 day a week to help out a plumber in exchange for a little knowledge. I will for for free. Can anyone help?.

Cheers
Chris :)

Sponsored Links
Hi my name is Chris. Im looking for some plumbing experience before I start my plumbing course. Im 28 and work full time. Im looking for 1 day a week to help out a plumber in exchange for a little knowledge. I will for for free. Can anyone help?.

Cheers
Chris :)

A couple of questions (for yourself,mainly)

Why do you want to be a plumber
What do you expect to earn IF you find a job

What did the course provider promise in relation to earnings, likelihood of employment and support. Do they guarantee a training placement? is there a time limit to completing modules (don't assume - check)

Who are the trainers, are they Train 4Trade Skills, by any chance?

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=train4tradeskills problems

Chris, when I had a retail premise I had at least one person every month coming in offering free labour in return for experience and signing off portfolios. What candidates and trainers don't understand (trainers probably do!), that an inexperienced "hand" will typically be a burden, slowing the job down. I am not saying learning the trade is a bad thing, but there are too many guys having spent a small fortune and still can't find work - a lot being ex-servicemen.

Some Ex-services do well though ;)

Hi Fireman T - is it endemic in the Brigade to think the singular of premises is premise ?. I only ask because I went on a fire course once and for 2 hours the speaker made the same error . I know I`m being pedantic but it did grate @ the time . No intention to offend , just curious. ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Fireman T - is it endemic in the Brigade to think the singular of premises is premise ?. I only ask because I went on a fire course once and for 2 hours the speaker made the same error . I know I`m being pedantic but it did grate @ the time . No intention to offend , just curious. ;)

:LOL:

I think he's FiremanT, because he supplies/fits fires. Don't think he rescues moggies from trees. But then again, many from the brigade do a bit of moonlighting.

Or by dropping in the word 'grate', did you really know all along? ;)

I posted on the premise that I would get some smart arse answers :mrgreen:

Hi Fireman T - is it endemic in the Brigade to think the singular of premises is premise? I only ask because I went on a fire course once and for 2 hours the speaker made the same error .
The Police are serious culprits when it comes to making this mistake.

Ugh!

Sponsored Links
Back