looking to work for free to gain experience in plumbing

Those words must have been copied direct from Dick Puller !

The CCC bit yes and i agree with his views on this.

I have no doubt at all that there are a lot of guys out there who could pick up the trade really quickly and be good honest tradesmen, you can learn quicker when you are a bit older and have experience of other related things. (Take youself Tony, i believe you are an excellent example). The majority though are chancers out for the fast buck.

As i said before, call me old fashioned or out of touch or whatever but i just don't agree with it and will never be comfortable with it. If you want a trade - any trade get into it when you leave school.

Sponsored Links
Those words must have been copied direct from Dick Puller !

As i said before, call me old fashioned or out of touch or whatever but i just don't agree with it and will never be comfortable with it. If you want a trade - any trade get into it when you leave school.
You` re old fashioned and OOT ;) There are NO apprenticeships now ...the kids don`t want to graft...UNi is where they go. There is a recession and Little Britain is on the ropes :rolleyes: ..Government Depts. is the only job with half a chance of seeing something resembling a pension when they retire

Sponsored Links
I am old fashioned and still believe in giving some laddie a chance.

Though not someone with a degree in lego or whatever other useless pi$h they have frittered away their time to get.

How many of us REALLY actually knew what we wanted to do at 16?

At 16 i still thought there was a chance to play for the MIGHTY Hull Kingston Rovers and failing that i would just go back to my original plan of making computer games :D

Tony is too nice a guy to go around commiting violence upon anyone,he much prefers to chat up someones missus and ask her out,the only fear is her husband is not huge like gorilla so he wont get the **** kicked out of him :D :D

I am happy,and content does not mean i work around with cheesy grin all day and like yourself im human some things to stress me out about the trade i love and ply and how its getting devalued,with only very few people actually making a stand and saying a spade is a spade!

Dick puller im in agreement
with alot of what he says when it comes to these type of people who are here just for the quick buck and making people believe in the myth that we rip them off. the nutter loses it in his delivery because he gets impatient and blows his top Now what my bloody dentist charges is rip off!!!

BY the way a few of you may have noticed i always mention dentist even though i have fantastic teeth i absolutely hate them more so then the CCC, the amount of money they take off me without even a smile does my nut,but for vanity we will pay,love my pearly whites:cool: :cool:

The next one he mentioned to me is teeth whitening ,now thats the new thing everyone walking around with unnatural white teeth but apparently you can choose the shade,he did tell me i dont need it critically just think loves the idea of ripping me off :evil: :cool: :D :cool:

Tony is too nice a guy to go around commiting violence upon anyone,he much prefers to chat up someones missus and ask her out

I believe he is.

teeth whitening

Don't get caught with this rip off. It's dearer than a BG powerflush :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

[quote="Agile";p="1499922!

Now the real wammee ! The cards this guy had printed had OUR business name on them but HIS name and telephone number!

Tony[/quote]

How long was he in hospital?

Tony is too nice a guy to go around commiting violence upon anyone,he much prefers to chat up someones missus and ask her out

I believe he is.

teeth whitening

Don't get caught with this rip off. It's dearer than a BG powerflush :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes it is but if i decide to do it,i will make sure its done by proper time served dentist not 6 week course wonder!!!

OH damn you cant do quick course to become a dentist can you,now they are the proper rip off merchants forget British Gas :D :D

hello all you well expreienced plumbers out there i am from birmingham/dudley area and is looking to work with a plumber for free saturday and sunday to gain experience to help me with my NVQ level 2 plumbing course that i am doing ,i would like to be available week days but due to paying for my college course i have to do other job in the week,i am very practical in most areas of the building industry and could be a good pair of extra hands to have around ,but ideally am looking for some practical experience to aid with my portfolio building ,knowledge and understanding for my upcoming assesments,WILL WORK FOR FREE,thanks in advance anyone.

PM me your contact details, I live in Dudley and have friends in Birmingham you can train with!

Before you accept Mr Sandhu's kind offer of 'training', his quote below from another topic tells you about the quality of the people who will be working with you, and giving you training.

Unless immigration catches up with them first! :LOL:

. I dont pay my guys £300 a day. More like £50. They cant even speak English. They can, however, lift floorboards, hang rads and run pipework

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=212802&start=0

his quote below from another topic tells you about the quality of the people who will be working with you, and giving you training.

What has earnings got to do with "quality"? Or is it just that they can't speak english that you think their "quality" is perhaps somewhat lacking??

I work with two foreigners and their work is top notch.

his quote below from another topic tells you about the quality of the people who will be working with you, and giving you training.

What has earnings got to do with "quality"? Or is it just that they can't speak english that you think their "quality" is perhaps somewhat lacking??

I work with two foreigners and their work is top notch.

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back