Plumbing

hahaha-024.gif

yup and get lumbered with a flaming prune :rolleyes:

being slow maybe but totally dont get that :confused: :)

were not all numpties. :D

Sponsored Links
I used to look after alot of the older trainees. The main problem being that me being early 20s and they being 40s customers thought I was the trainee and blanked me, talking directly to the old guy. I had to stop taking them in the end and just stick to the texters. :D

ive got one now actually.

asks loads of questions, not too confident and great with the customers.

Sponsored Links
always found they had good customer skills, and always interested in learning, but often forgot basic stuff when put to task. I suspect the whole idea was a marketing strategy by BG to bring in new people they could brainwash to sell and promote and yet appear to be an experienced guy. Obviously thats me just being cynical again :D

Knowing BG they can charge twice as much if two bodies are on site, even if one is a waster.

Before you start shouting, a waster is Non earner.

I think if you are to go into a trade such as this later in life ,you need to have some sort of background which is similar-takes long enough time to get established -you don,t want to be doing the courses and then asking for help.
you need a plan.

I have only just chanced on this topic.

Perhaps I can be a little more positive than some of the others in the middle of this recession.

You have many advantages, age ( because no one likes the texting, drunk, bonking teenagers ), committment, maturity etc.

However your sole disadvantage is that you are based in the sticks! There will be few plumbers in your area and they will be dead scared of even more competition. They already have the problem of a recession and the established competition so they will be acutely aware of the additional problems of training a local competitor.

I took on a mature trainee from 91 miles away although he could stay with his sister so that was OK. He had several problems but had a good attitude in general. However he failed because he was too keen to move towards earning money and left me to try to make a living back at home. He found that difficult because , in his words, every job was a learning experience!

That was about 6-7 years ago and I lost touch but recently, while in the area, tried to find him but have now come to the conclusion that he found the going too hard and has left the plumbing world.

Tony

PS
I hesitate with this! But there is someone ( unidentified for now ) who posts on here in Norwich who badly needs some help with boilers and heating. But he had a bad experience with a useless trainee a year ago which has disenfranchised him from the concept of a trainee ( and future employee ).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back