Plumbing in a new utility room - some newbie questions!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am planning to convert a section of my garage into a utility room, which will have at least a sink and a washing machine.

I am fairly confident about getting the water supply pipes into the right position, but have a few questions around the waste pipes...

1. What dictates whether you will use 32mm or 40mm waste pipes?

2. My manual says it is "almost always all right" to drill a hole through the wall and connect the waste pipe directly into the 110mm single waste stack outside using a boss. This is what I'm planning to do, but does anyone know under what circumstances it isn't all right?

3. My manual says that a "gap filling solvent" should be used to make sure the connection (described in 2) is water-tight. Can anyone recommend any such solvent?

3. (probably a silly question!) What is the best way to get a 32mm or 40mm (depending on the answer to 1) hole through the wall? Can you get masonry drill bits this size?

Sorry for the novice questions! I really appreciate any who takes the time to read my post.

Kind Regards

Jon

Sponsored Links
depends on the waste on your sink 4 the waste size, sink 40mm, whb 32mm.
pipe in2 the soil stack using a pipeboss is ok
no solvent needed only on solvent cement wastepipe, 2 get a water tight connection in ur piping boss u get a rubber that fits in2 it
you can hire a core drill 4 which eva size ur requireing, but if your teeing both sink & washiing machine 2gether a 40mm will be adequate

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back