(plumbing in a) Washing Machine (in France)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When it comes to DIY I have no clue, my Dad helps me out with everything but I live abroad now and I need some help.

I need a washing machine but there is no plumbing in my apartment and I can not do any DIY to the pipes or anything in the apartment.

I have 2 sinks and 1 bath to use for any drainage.

The washing machine i plan to buy has:
Water supply pipe length: 130 cm
Water drainage pipe length: 135 cm

now is there something I can buy to use the tap on my sink and how do I know what pressure to set it at?

on my Kitchenette tap it looks like there is a screw on it for something like this(can take a photo when i get home)

The main this is that I can have the machine connected to the water and drainage only when i need to use it due to space issues with my tiny apartment.

Can anyone think of any solutions ?

Sponsored Links
I guarantee the screw isn't something to allow you to connect the washing machine to.

There isn't anything you can really do but plumb it in properly, or "temprorarily" make alterations to the pipework with a washing machine tap, and take it off when you move out.

Might be able to try something with a hose pipe and jubilee clip, but high risk of it blowing off.

Washing machines run fine on mains pressure.

You could use the local Laundrette?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back