plumbing in france

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys . could someone help me to find out what you need to do to install your own condensation combi boiler in france. are the piping different and the gaz pressure. i was thinking doing some work myself. please i need accurate infos. thanks all

Sponsored Links
Firstly, there is very little 'mains' gas in France. Mostly it is bottled gas or you can have an lpg tank installed.

I'm not sure how many 'condensation' boilers there are available in France. if you were taking one from UK the pipe sizes that are available in France are more numerous than here, e.g. 8, 10, 12, 14, 16,18 mm are all easily available. Tube lengths or coils for the smaller sizes.

Here is a link to a Brico Depot catalogue.
It's for the depot in St Brieuc (Brittany). If you know your 'code postal' you input that and it will show you the most local depot.
http://www.bricodepot.fr/st-brieuc/

I can only see one 'condensation' boiler

If you are not competent to fit a gas boiler in the UK then you would not be competent to do it in France.

Although I would take over a UK made boiler someone on this site says thats illegal.

I did see a French combi being sold in a car boot sale in the south but they wanted about £140 for it and it was about 10 years old. No one bought it !

They dont seem very bothered about condensing boilers. I dont know about 'condensation' boilers though.

Tony

Auld alliance :?: Was that your Grandfather piping on the D-Day beach -head ;)

Sponsored Links

First words when you've just signed on.
You'll go far with an attitude like that.

Perhaps re-reading the rules might help, especially Rule 1

In all my 40 years experience of travelling in and living p/t in france I've yet to see mains gas. But then again I've little experience of residing in towns.
But they hate the English, they call the little Engerlanders 'The Roast Beefs'.......... :LOL: :LOL:

You've been watching too much telly. The word 'ecossais' is rarely mentioned whereas 'anglais' is much more frequently used for all UK people.

The word 'ecossais' is rarely mentioned whereas 'anglais' is much more frequently used for all UK people...............Not where I live Mr Beef.................... :LOL: :LOL:
Perhaps because you don't live in France according to your profile!

If anyone called me 'anglais' they'd get a Glasga Kiss!!
Perhaps that's why you think French people don't like English.

As for the natural gas, please read the link I posted up or can you not find your readers son??? Not many English live in French cities or large towns.
Hence my post quoting my experience.
can you not find your readers son???
Is this some kind of gaelic saying?

Finally, can you not express yourself without being derogatory?
Or is that the only way you've found to make your point?

Before you reply, remember:
"It is always better to keep quiet and be considered a fool, then to speak and remove all doubts".

Welcome back puller.

You don't solder in France you braze.

Can't beleive your slating the English, when your from the deep fried nation.even mars bars can't avoid the fryer.

Lee

The French never refer to the Scottish as "Anglais" (probably due to then knowing that Eccosse means Scottish) and if they did they would be as moronic and ignorant as the the English who think England is the UK.
Please dont presume that the french have no understanding of Regional accents or Dialect as again that would just be ignorant.

& easy to solder or braze - no reducers required................Lee son, you also lost your readers???!!

Please read all the threads before jumping in & also please remember; If you don't know anything about a subject, keep it zipped.......... :rolleyes:

Sorry, who is puller??

I got me specs grandad,you dont solder you braze.

As my family live just outside Limoges i know enough about the subject to have an input.

Just outside Limoges?

Thats where I do my French plumbing!

Even wearing my ARGI teeshirt !

By the way the pot plant is NOT cannabis!

I like having a read of others questions on this site and in the Plumbing and C Heating section in particular. You can always find a bit of banter and then Agile tops it with a pic of a bit of ball cock......love it! :LOL:

A BIT of banter :?: It`s all out WAR :LOL: :LOL: . Only reason I keep coming back ;)

Not quite sure whether thats a compiment or a dig,sir.

I dont have your 40years,but been in it nearly half as long.However we do share some very similar views about some items in th industry and some people.

As for Argi, if your a member you'll know the answer. ;)

lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back