plumbing prices

p**s FUNNY

Nice one chrisR

if you dont how long a job will take YOU, forget everyone else, DONT GO SELFEMPLOYED, cos if you do bankruptcy becons BIG TIME

work for someone get the experiance and then think about it

WOW what utter nonsence

How does one KNOW how long a sewer will take to unclog? One took me 11 hours full of grout in a kitchen drain under a quarry tile floor that they did not want to break up

How does one know when cutting cast iron where the crack will end or if the piping may crumble?

A gas 3/4" gas pipe someone had put a sheet rock screw in and caused a tiny leak.. 8 feet of pipe so I had to replace the section and thread the black steel in place and use a left and right nipple and coupling

AN IDIOT would have figured 3 hours work maximum and figuring $175 per hr for one man $525 labor and less then $60 for material ...total contract price would be $700 plus filing fees

What I did end up charging was in excess of $48,000

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???

Well the actual repairs took less then two hours (two threads and nipple work and a coupling) then a test had to be performed and the building is 28 stories high apartment house and I had to go to each apartment to shut the gas valves for the cook top and ovens (2 shut offs in each apartment) and here comes the money maker.

The majority of the tenants were at work so a note was left under the door to leave the keys with the building management which of course never happened so I had to come back over and over before the gas could be turned on FIVE WEEKS of finding defective valves and replacing them as the building is over 45 years old and the old wing type gas valves had a nut to hold the cylinder in place which over the years leaked slightly

How does one price drain down of a 37 story co-op when preparing to change a 4" valve or an expansion joint and not knowing if valves hold?

Charge the right price and if in doubt charge by the hour plus materials used with a 15 -35 % mark up to allow for manufacturing defects

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back