Plumbing tool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a special tool to tighten lock nut on mono block tap under a kitchen sink , tap has a large nut around 30mm and limited access under sink.?

Sponsored Links
Box spanner or adjustable basin wrench

I bought a 32mm telescopic basin wrench from B&Q to tighten my bath monoblock tap. I was never going to use it again so not having taken the label off, I took it back for a refund next time I went up there. :whistle:;)

Box spanner or adjustable basin wrench

Surely a box spanner will only work if you feed the hot and cold flexi pipes through it first. Are you possibly thinking of the brass fittings that are circular with a section missing and that use a 6mm(?) nut to hold them in place?

I too would try the adjustable tap wrench though.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Surely a box spanner will only work if you feed the hot and cold flexi pipes through it first.

I too would try the adjustable tap wrench though.
Depends if they pass through it or not

Depends if they pass through it or not

Sorry CBW, I was in the process of editing my post when you replied.

I am not a plumber but I cannot recall seeing a kitchen sink monobloc that has a fully circular brass back nut that doesn't have the hot and cold running up inside the nut.

As per my edit, I think you are possibly thinking of the horseshoe back plates.

The OP said that the back nut is about about 30mm, IIRC they are about 32mm.

Sorry CBW, I was in the process of editing my post when you replied.

I am not a plumber but I cannot recall seeing a kitchen sink monobloc that has a fully circular brass back nut that doesn't have the hot and cold running up inside the nut.

As per my edit, I think you are possibly thinking of the horseshoe back plates.
No, not thinking of those, if I was I’d have said a monobloc spanner. That said, I can’t recall that I’ve been seen it where the pipes don’t pass through.

Last edited:
Look for a crows foot spanner in the right size then use a ratchet extension with it

is it possible to remove the sink?

probably last resort from what you're wanting to do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back