Plumbing, Wiring and Underfloor heating - what comes first?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So as part of the new project, I'm trying to plan the "order of operations" (i.e what comes first).

To further complicate matters, the ceilings are already quite low - so putting conduit for electrical, then a layer of screed, then doing a separate screed layer for the underfloor heating would add a lot of thickness.

So my first idea is to run the electrical conduit in the same "layer" as the heating, but on the side (near the walls). That causes some routing issues around the doors - as I don't want the electrical conduit to run over/under the heating pipes... nor touch them.

Option 2 is to chase the walls, and run electrical in the walls - but again, doors cause issues. Not to mention the walls being of solid stone + 3-century old lime mortar.

Option 3 is to chase the exterior walls of the house, run the electrical conduit there, and then go into the house... which would be nasty af and not really up to code.

Then there's the whole issue of water/sanitary...

Thoughts or ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back