Plume Kits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've got a Worcester Bosch 30si Combi boiler fitted in my utility room which flues out horizontally through the wall into my garden.

Due to my neighbours having a bit of a garden reshuffle the plume has become an issue and they've asked if I can do anything about redirecting the plume vertically or back on to my own property.

The extension has a flat roof and the flue is approx 1ft from the top. It would seem I need to direct the plume 90 degrees upwards via a 1m (or shorter) plume extension.

Just a few questions;

1) Are my assumptions correct?
2) Can plume kits be retro fitted by consumers or does it need a qualified engineer?
3) Are plume kits interchangeable or are there generic kits or do you have to stick with manufacturer specific kits?
4) Suggestions for the cheapest place to acquire one?

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
I would be very happy if I could sort something like that in an hour.

Usually I would need to visit and the go away and see if they actually sell one for that boiler model. They have been surprisingly reticent to provide plume kits for their older models.

If they did then I would have to source one which is often for delivery in 1-2 days.

Another solution might be a vertical flue which was almost certainly available when the boiler was being sold.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Didn't it take you and an underling 5 hours to chip out a horizontal flue?

No, it took the "underling" nearly an hour.

I concentrated on boiler jobs.

Technically I was the underling as he was employing me for that repair. Good that he did the hard work whilst I just used my brains!

No, it took the "underling" nearly an hour.

I concentrated on boiler jobs.

Technically I was the underling as he was employing me for that repair. Good that he did the hard work whilst I just used my brains!
That's not how you portrayed it.

I mentioned the total job duration, the flue chipping was a long time because of the 4:1 cement mix they seemed to have used for the full 100 mm thickness of the wall. And the close fitting engineering strength bricks they had used.

Don't expect any normal boiler repair to take much longer than an hour.

Hate to think what the EU underling thought when he saw my bill and compared it with his rates as a general labourer/builder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back