plywood advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am re-doing a en-suite and am sorting out flooring at the moment. I currently have a T&G chipboard floor nailed on joists. Karndean recommend installing a Plywood to comply with warranty of product and I was going to do this anyway because of it being a wet area.

I am therefore going to lay a WBP plywood floor on top of this but was wondering what thickness would be best? I would prefer 6mm as this wouldn’t hinder my current floor level too much but having looked at B&Q this afternoon this does seem somewhat flimsy and wondered if it may be beneficial to go for a 9mm or 18mm thick plywood instead?

I have a bit of movement in the chipboard T&G boards currently which I am going to look at securing – If I was to opt and secure a thicker Plywood say 9mm or 18mm and screw through joists I feel that this may eliminate any movement below, obviously I will try and eliminate any movement as best I can in the chipboard prior to commencing with anything.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back