Plywood over plywood?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, as usual looking for advice.

have a small area of 2sqm (1m X 2m). I removed old lino and plan to glue karndean, the problem is, have to raise a floor by about a cm to level it with next room. Current floor is chipboard with 9mm plywood screwed to it.
I can probably remove the 9mm ply and place 18mm, but wondered what are my alternatives.
Is it possible to put additional 9mm plywood on top and screw through both layers of ply into chipboard or it is a bad practice?
Or maybe selflevel to add a cm? if selflevel, will it be better to remove original 9mm ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No problem adding an extra layer of plywood. Lay your sheets at right angles to the existing sheets, make sure that the joints overlap (i.e. not one directly above the one below) and that your screws are long enough to go into the chipboard but not through it (so c.35mm). Screw centres should be around 150mm as this prevents movement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back