Poblem with halstead ace - will only fire when cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
In desperation i am making my first post here because of a problem i have with my Halstead Ace boiler that a search on here didn't find the same symptoms.
The problem i have is that if i open a hot tap i will get hot water straight away however if i close the tap and then open it again the boiler will not fire unless left for half an hour or more untill the boiler has cooled down.
The same problem seems to occur with the central heating, when first turned on the boiler will fire and run normally untill the system gets up to temperature then after the boiler cycles off will not fire again and the radiators obviously cool down again.
I have had a look at the fan which i have been told is a common problem but it seems to spin freely and operates fine when the boiler initially fires from cold.
Any further suggestions from all you knowledgeable folk would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back