Pointing, how much is it, how to tell if decent?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Now the arctic conditions are past us I'm looking to get the rear of my house re pointed along with a few problem areas elsewhere.

What's the going rate? How can I tell if prospective builders/bricklayers are any good? I've heard that asking them how they would remove teh old motar is one way, walk away if they say angle grinder.

A few of the bricks are frost damaged too. Will a pointer be able and willing to cut these out and turn them around?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
why would you walk away if they said angle grinder?

i have been doing this years and have always used a grinder except on stone of course.
just make sure if youve got close neighbours they use dust extators attatched to the grinder.
using the right equipment gets the job done right.

Also ask to see some previous work,i carry a portfolio of photos when i price jobs to show the client.

I bought an Arbotech `twin blade sawing` tool last year, great for taking bricks out complete ready to spin and fix. Blades for complete cut through single skins, ideal for new doorways, both lintels install and then vert. cuts for demo. Blades for tuck pointing. Blades for single brick removal. Not as dusty as grinder.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back