Pointing Tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

It has been suggested that i should use a pointing tool for re-pointing the brickwork on my house using like a catridge gun to inject the cement rather than traditional trowel. The pointmaster that uses a manual plunge has been suggested, are these any good, can anyone suggest a good one and also what will be the best mix to use for re-pointing and sand type

Many Thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
YES a Mortar gun is a Excellent tool. I use one my self there quick and easy to use. never the less pointing can be tricky u dont have the problem of mix from your hand board to the joint to be filled. try not to overfill the joints and use your pointing trowel lightly to strike the joints leave for 15 to 20 mins and go over with a soft brush.

mortar guns are available from screwfix
£24.99 you get a spare cartridge and 3
extra nozzles. Excellent piece of kit

Sponsored Links
You say nothing about your house and its construction. You may need to make a tool as some of the joints could be as thin as 1/8".

However, given the date of the original post, you've probably finished the job.

Mortar guns can't do a good job with lime mortar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back