Pole Multi chain saw-hedge trimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Pole Multi chain saw-hedge trimmer, pref with long reach, for next doors nut and elders trees.

Looking for one of these, pref 2 stoke not a fan of rechargeable, any recommendations.

Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
I guess it all depends on the size of the piggy bank really.....for professional stuff it's Stihl (maybe the Kombi) for me, but for one of the better domestic makes, consider Ryobi.
John :)

As you say Budget, as it will be not used very often. how about :

SGS 52cc 5in1 Multi Tool Garden Set: Chainsaw Trimmer Strimmer Brush Cutter.

Not sure what engine this has.

It seems to have a three year warranty so you can't get much better than that......I guess the warranty is limited to some degree.
I haven't dealt with SGS, I'd like to know what the spare part situation is like for their machines.

Sponsored Links
It seems to have a three year warranty so you can't get much better than that......I guess the warranty is limited to some degree.
I haven't dealt with SGS, I'd like to know what the spare part situation is like for their machines.

Their reply to my Question:

The multi-tool has an SGS engine.

I would strongly recommend it. It has teflon-coated piston rings, industrial grade bearings in the top and bottom end of the engine as well as a polished cylinder. It is of a comparable quality to a domestic Stihl. It has an easy start recoil mechanism, a quick release harness and a state-of-the-art spool (you do not even have to remove the lid to line it)

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

that......I guess the warranty is limited to some degree.
If bought mail order one of the conditions is usually it has to be returned to base which can be costly, especially if over a metre long.
They cost a bit more but Mitox may be worth looking at as there's better backup

If bought mail order one of the conditions is usually it has to be returned to base which can be costly, especially if over a metre long.
They cost a bit more but Mitox may be worth looking at as there's better backup

Where I am in Norfolk Mail order seems to be the best option on price.

With kit such as this I find the engine is the least of the problems so long as a quality two stroke oil is used. However if certain parts go missing - such as the air filter casing - replacements can be nigh on impossible.
Likely problems are to be found in the bevel gear to the strimmer spool and the connecting rod mechanisms found in the hedge trimmer part, plus replacement blades for the same.

With kit such as this I find the engine is the least of the problems so long as a quality two stroke oil is used. However if certain parts go missing - such as the air filter casing - replacements can be nigh on impossible.
Likely problems are to be found in the bevel gear to the strimmer spool and the connecting rod mechanisms found in the hedge trimmer part, plus replacement blades for the same.
Exactly! couldn't agree more

If you can manage with extension leads, or have a little generator, I have the Ryobi Electric one from Screwfix, Seems good, the few times I have used it so far.

I wasn't a fan of battery landscape tools but the brushless 18 volt Makita was well reviewed. I've found it to be powerful enough for privet and conifer, the brushless motor giving the extra grunt that is lacking in some of their brushed versions. Three speeds are helpful and above all the tool is very well balanced given the motor is under the blades. There is a new single speed extendable version which doesn't seem to be as well made.

It helps to have the batteries and charger.

Blup

We have a Lithium cordless hedge cutter and wouldn't go back to engine or mains now.

Same with Lawnmower.

An 18v with decent capacity battery would be good.

If you do go petrol and use infrequently Aspen fuel is excellent, I use Aspen 4 and make my own premix but they do a 2 stroke premix as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back