Pole to Pole

Update: On the way to Cambridge Bay...

339980223_1148502865845813_2734331917831354026_n.jpg

Cambridge_Bay_-_Treelinemap.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No, but they have a bit to go yet before they become convincing. I for one will mourn the dearth of the ICE.
That they do. Although you can see how they're evolving through the hybrid phase into becoming an everyday vehicle. Only ten years ago they were a rich man's toy, a curiosity, and now the technology is developing into an affordable choice more people will buy, making the government mandate more charging points to accomodate increased demand.
Clarkson and May might've been the first people to drive to the Pole but at this rate they certainly won't be the last. You could take your ski's some day. (y)

I imagine they'll have to get out and push quite a lot.
Reminds me of my first motorbike, I walked miles with it.

And they're off...
Good luck to them.

Battery swaps, or hydrogen fuel cells, for me ananyway.
Pie in the sky!

I don't get the hate towards electric cars.
They are fine, as a rich man's plaything, but to try to impose them on the whole country and do away with normal cars is utter stupidity. Covincing us that electric cars can replace petrol / diesel in such a short space of time, if at all, is a salesman's gigantic con-trick. Like many of the problems that face us today, the problems with electric cars are obvious, but are being denied; ignored or lied about. How is the electricity necessary for the tens of millions of electric vehicles to be generated and distributed? How are enough minerals for the batteries to be mined? How are the dead batteries to be disposed of? Isn't the pollution simply being transferred from one part of the earth to another?

If only there were some sensible people in government who would abandon the electrification project.

That they do. Although you can see how they're evolving through the hybrid phase into becoming an everyday vehicle. Only ten years ago they were a rich man's toy, a curiosity, and now the technology is developing into an affordable choice more people will buy, making the government mandate more charging points to accomodate increased demand.
Clarkson and May might've been the first people to drive to the Pole but at this rate they certainly won't be the last. You could take your ski's some day. (y)
I'm actually dreading a more affordable EV. Especially one that's been through the hands of your typical dirty finger-nailed, car-on-jacks-in-the-front-yard, tinkerer. God forbid.

Advertising could make it more affordable for the not so rich to own an electric car.
Screenshot_20230410_082553_Chrome.jpg

Reminds me of my first motorbike, I walked miles with it.

Pie in the sky!

If only there were some sensible people in government who would abandon the electrification project.
In that case, taking your advice, the ozone layer would be in a much worse condition than if something had actually been done about it...

The ozone is on the path to recovery, if not fully restored. A report released by the UN on January 9, 2023, found that the ozone layer is on track to recover within four decades. Thanks to the most effective international environmental treaty ever implemented, nearly 99 percent of banned ozone-depleting chemicals like CFCs have been successfully phased out. Should those policies remain in place, the report finds that the ozone layer is projected to return to its 1980 levels by 2040 as a global average, with thinner Arctic ozone recovering by 2045 and Antarctic ozone — the area where scientists first discovered a hole — recovering by 2066.

getTruth@Vox

Guess again, Captain Birdseye...

This is easier said than done, especially as one of the biggest logistical problems the expedition faces plays straight into one of the main consumer objections for switching to the battery-powered technology in the first place. “Up in the Canadian tundra, we’re going to be in a vast expanse of nothing, which means there is no charging infrastructure.” Ramsey explains that “we’ll be taking our charging with us in the form of a trailer-mounted 5-kilowatt static wind turbine that we will tow behind us. It’s just like those you see on the hillside (only smaller), so that we can harness wind energy.”

read more @eandt.thiet.org

[you can see it in the picture #16 ^ ]

In that case, taking your advice, the ozone layer would be in a much worse condition than if something had actually been done about it...

The ozone is on the path to recovery, if not fully restored.
I don't think cars are a major factor in the ozone layer problem, are they?

I'm not anti-the electric car, I would love for them to be convenient, cheap and non-polluting, but to think that could happen in our lifetimes is a soppy liberal fantasy!

What are your answers to the following, glaringly obvious problems?

How is the electricity necessary for the tens of millions of electric vehicles to be generated and distributed? How are enough minerals for the batteries to be mined? How are the dead batteries to be disposed of? Isn't the pollution simply being transferred from one part of the earth to another?

Sponsored Links
Back