Police lives matter

Is fiction not used as a teaching aid to children?
Not sure gone with the wind was designed a a teaching aid.Delete "::Lord of the flies " then.Was on English lit curriculum...Full of kids killing each other.

Sponsored Links
know of older and indeed elderly people who would wish to join a suitable demonstration.
When does someone become elderly? I would certainly be up for trip to london if no lockdown.

The organisers have (no doubt deliberately) chosen to exclude all but the young, healthy and fit in order to gain the maximum coverage when it all goes tits up.
At least have the honesty to accept that is your assumption.
Do you not think the relevance of the recent past, the resurgence of the BLM movement in USA might be much more influential in the organising of the protests?

Sponsored Links
Not sure gone with the wind was designed a a teaching aid.Delete "::Lord of the flies " then.Was on English lit curriculum...Full of kids killing each other.
A whole host of teaching aids were not designed as teaching aids, but were adapted to suit the purpose.
Only last week I adopted the problems of different words spelled differently, but with different meanings to illustrate how music has a similar situation.
I used the sentence, something like "They're going, but leaving their luggage there".

With scales, one uses every note of that scale, but the same sounds can be repeated, but by using a different scale, or even no scale at all. And how it is important to use the correct 'spelling' in music, in relation to scales.

Last edited:
And now we need to delete them do we..or is it down to you to decide, Roberto40watt.
I did comment yesterday, or a day or so ago.
I very much agreed with the withdrawal of such literature, pending further consideration, and probably re-release with suitable warnings about the content, etc.

I did comment yesterday, or a day or so ago.
I very much agreed with the withdrawal of such literature, pending further consideration, and probably re-release with suitable warnings about the content, etc.
Lord of the flies.....warning ..do not kill each other..
Harry potter....Warning...broomsticks are not flying machines.
Superman..please do not try and fly by holding arms out.
Ad infinitum

At least have the honesty to accept that is your assumption.
Do you not think the relevance of the recent past, the resurgence of the BLM movement in USA might be much more influential in the organising of the protests?

Of course it's my assumption based on evidence. I'm reasonably well-informed and keep uptodate reasonably well and I've seen no call-to-arms for people up and down the country to support the demonstrations.

I think what SHOULD be influential is a desire to reach and bring along the population at large. These activist-fuelled demos with violence and vandalism do the opposite.

think what SHOULD be influential is a desire to reach and bring along the population at large. These activist-fuelled demos with violence and vandalism do the opposite.
Indeed.....I cannot imagine many sane people of any ethnicity destroying or defacing the Cenotaph.

Of course it's my assumption based on evidence. I'm reasonably well-informed and keep uptodate reasonably well and I've seen no call-to-arms for people up and down the country to support the demonstrations.
From your comments, I would guess that you're unlikely to see any invite to join such movements or protests.
Additionally, does anyone need an invitation to join such movements or protests. If one wanted to, it would be very easy to find a way of being in the loop.
How do you think all those on the protests managed to join in?

By risking their own and others lives, by taking non-essential journeys, by using hard-pressed public transport for non-essential purposes...…………
Inequality will does affect you, your children, their children, ad infinitum, in more ways than just health.
Structural inequality, institutional racism is a higher priority than a pandemic.
Racism has been around for several hundred years, and it's still not been properly addressed. The pandemic has only been a round for a few months.

Agreed. But I doubt if we share the same ideas about how the history should be put into perspective.
My thoughts are very much like your recounting of the different aspects and events of history depending on one's viewpoint and culture.
Currently, UK's history is very much a history air brushed to avoid 'the warts and all', aspects.

Most history is whitewashed one way or the other every where according to country / culture.

Slavery - do we have time machines available. It has nothing what so ever to do with inequality now and hasn't for rather a long time. You also need to differentiate between that and racism. They are 2 different things.

Structural inequality, institutional racism is a higher priority than a pandemic.

You can parrot that as many times as you wish. It doesn't make it true. It's just your opinion and that of a small but vocal minority of the population.

Sponsored Links
Back