Police to hand out £100 on-the-spot fines for reckless drivi

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Anyone who displays a sign in the back window that says 'Mummy's little priness on board', or 'Dad's taxi' should be put up against the wall and shot.

And anyone who can read that sign needs to back off a little.

I have 20:20 vision, so I'm perfectly able to read signs from a safe distance thank you.

I should imagine that your eyesight isn't very good: for obvious reasons! :LOL: :LOL:

Thats what every body says when they get to your age.

72000_71769_31061_80245273.jpg

Now I know why you call your self whitespirit. :LOL:

I too agree about the misuse of fog lights however the distinction between front fog lights and Daytime running lights is quite blurred now and would be a pain for the average plod....
Construction and use regulations, lights with a beam centre below 24" (600mm) may only be used in fog or falling snow, I believe used to be the defination when axuillary lights could be used, I don't think that has changed.

Wotan

Go get a tape measure and measure the lights on your car.... mine have a beam centre less than 600mm so technically my head lamps are fog lights. The DRLs on many new Audis are well below 600mm. I'm afraid that the wattage of bulbs goes out of the window too as we start having cars with LED lighting.....

Just had a looksee, it appears that fog lights must be no higher than 1200mm off the road... My car aint that high! So already there is confusion... A nightmare for old plod

Sponsored Links
And what about the spread of light? Obviously fog lamps will have a lens that disperses the light where a driving lamp will focus it.

And what about the spread of light? Obviously fog lamps will have a lens that disperses the light where a driving lamp will focus it.
I can't find any regulation on the control of the beam to define what type of lamp it is.... Only the height from the road and how the lamp is switched..... How would this beam spread be tested at the rosdside.... So I suppose that if the car owner wires his fog lights to come on when he switches his engine on, then they are no longer fog lights but are DRLs so he can't be fined for having them on in fine weather...

This current cost cutting method, will end in another failure; how is it for the Police to be judge jury and hangman?

Tailgaters need sorting in my view. Stupidly bright headlights and the use of fog lamps when there is no fog come a close 2nd and 3rd.
People stupid enough to install HID lamps on their motors should have them shoved where the sun doesnt shine.

There would be no tail gators, if there were no lane hoggers. Lane hoggers should be fined. They cause more problems.

Sponsored Links
Back