New increased fixed penalty fines

Sponsored Links
I asked a lorry driver once why it is that they overtake other lorries at 1mph faster. He told me that it was done in protest because they are not allowed to do over 60mph. His words, I don't know if that's true or not.

Whether or not he was pulling your plonker, I think limiting their speed is a good thing. When you see the carnage that is often caused when lorries are involved in accidents, you can imagine how much worse that could be if they were allowed to drive faster.

Sponsored Links
I asked a lorry driver once why it is that they overtake other lorries at 1mph faster. He told me that it was done in protest because they are not allowed to do over 60mph. His words, I don't know if that's true or not.

All trucks are limited between 50 and 60MPH but most are set at 56ish, so once you get on the motorway, you set cruise control and put your feet up, figurativly speaking.

Oh dear, I've just realized, I think my HGV license has expired as I now require a medical, I had not thought about it for the last few months due to being engrossed with other things.

I can't remember. :LOL: :LOL:

I don't want to do anymore trucking though, it has changed for the worst, gone are the twin splitter Eaton, every truck I've driven in the last few years has been automatic, the only thing I like about the modern wagon is the power, but the camradry has gone, if you stop for more than two mins now they're on the phone asking what the problem is.

I don't want to do anymore trucking though, it has changed for the worst, gone are the twin splitter Eaton, every truck I've driven in the last few years has been automatic
The funs def gone from the job, days are gone of the range change/splitters but quite surprised how the autos do grow on ya after a while.

but the camradry has gone, if you stop for more than two mins now they're on the phone asking what the problem is.
Wouldn't do it day in day out again, But i like what i do they are so laided back and times not a problem so makes the day more relaxing and enjoyable.

i always use the lanes as directed on the motorway...

so why does it feel awkward when i pass people who are the middle lane when i am in the first lane.

not my fault.

i always use the lanes as directed on the motorway...

so why does it feel awkward when i pass people who are the middle lane when i am in the first lane.

not my fault.

I'm afraid the police don't see it that way. They detest 'undertaking' but seem quite happy with 'middle lane morons', at least round our way!

Sponsored Links
Back