Smoking and Driving

I'm not a smoker now but must have driven many thousands of miles while smoking. No accidents or incidents to report due to that.
But statistically you are going to die at an age younger than I will.

Sponsored Links
Rider Wrote:
I'm not a smoker now but must have driven many thousands of miles while smoking. No accidents or incidents to report due to that.
I've spent many years talking into my mobile phone whilst driving without incident ... Don't make it safe though ... Apparently :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well of course smoking is dangerous whilst driving, its not rocket science, if its dangerous to smoke when not driving then it must still be dangerous when driving, It figures!

I don't see why smoking should be treated any differently to eating, drinking, slapping the child in the passenger seat or using mobile phones ... Its a distraction to safe driving ;)

so is reading roadside adverts, don't look at the pavement for mothers with prams trying to cross, as you can't be watching the road at the same time, stop winging you do gooders.

I've spent many years talking into my mobile phone whilst driving without incident ... Don't make it safe though ... Apparently :LOL:
Using a phone may not be comparable to smoking a cigarette. You don't have to answer, dial out, talk to or listen to a cigarette.

Edit: Thinking further, perhaps getting the cigarette out of the packet and lighting up is more the issue than the actual smoking part? My own habit used to be to roll up a cigarette outside a customer's house and light up before driving away. Maybe that's different again. Ah well, ban everything then. I don't smoke now, rarely use a mobile phone and don't drive much anymore :).

But statistically you are going to die at an age younger than I will.

Don't be too sure of that ... Two hefty car crashes already at 21... Non smoker too ! Doesn't auger well for the Grocer's future. ;)
:rolleyes:

Don't be too sure of that ... Two hefty car crashes already at 21... Non smoker too ! Doesn't auger well for the Grocer's future.

Spate of bad luck. No crashes since. And I've had less collisions than securespark. :LOL: <runs and hides> :LOL:

Well of course smoking is dangerous whilst driving, its not rocket science, if its dangerous to smoke when not driving then it must still be dangerous when driving, It figures!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ..

Sorry this post took so long, difficult to type on my wireless laptop at 70 mph.

Quote from todays newspaper: "Confused employees are still driving and smoking" (at the same time Softus), "despite changes in the law". (GEM Motoring Assist).

The local hospital is now smoke free and the HR policy also extends the restrictions to driving whilst on Trust business ... Anyone caught smoking whilst driving on the way to a meeting will be disciplined ;)

Sponsored Links
Back