Justice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do laugh at the times when I see a driver accelerate hard for about 25m only to break hard. Never really understood that.
Or overtake you then immediately brake hard for the junction etc,,,so common now,everyday.Weird...Especially with new cars with gizzmos showing your driving style etc,, they must like to see it show really poor driving !!!

Sponsored Links
There was bound to be one that would introduce prejudice into the discussion. It was only a matter of time.
A single driving licence for the whole EU
The EU has introduced a harmonised licence model and further minimum requirements for obtaining a licence. This should help to keep unsafe drivers off Europe's roads - wherever they take their driving test.
https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/topics/driving-licence/eu-driving_licence_en

The Council of the European Union Directive 91/439/EEC harmonises the categories of driving licences among the Member States and establishes two Community driving licence models, one paper version and one plastic card version. It furthermore establishes an obligatory test of knowledge (theory) and a test of skills and behaviour (practical) which has to be successfully passed before an individual is offered a driving licence. It also requires an applicant to meet the minimum standards of physical and mental fitness to drive. The directive specifies the minimum ages for driving different types of vehicles, and establishes progressive access in categories A, C, and D, from light vehicles to larger or more powerful vehicles. The directive stipulates that it is mandatory to have the normal residence in the Member State issuing the licence.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_driving_licence

Nobody said their test was easier pass - the allegation is that people are avoiding taking the test by exploiting corrupt officials. It occurs in the UK too. Plenty of places in the world where you can buy an RYA skipper's license without taking either of the required 5 day courses. The courses are the same world wide, but that's not much use if you didn't complete it.

Nobody said their test was easier pass - the allegation is that people are avoiding taking the test by exploiting corrupt officials. It occurs in the UK too. Plenty of places in the world where you can buy an RYA skipper's license without taking either of the required 5 day courses. The courses are the same world wide, but that's not much use if you didn't complete it.
A RYA skipper's licence is in no way comparable to a driving licence.
A RYA skippers licence is the next step up from sailing a dinghy!

Your original post singled out Polish drivers. Thereby implying that it is only Polish drivers who can/do or will cheat the system.
Your supposed correction in the most recent post refers to RYA skipper's licence, not to driving licences in UK.
If corruption is possible in one EU country it is possible in all EU countries.
Your inference is that Polish drivers especially are worse drivers because their licences are available without passing a test, which is total bigotry, based on one of your supposed experiences.

Sponsored Links
I have a polish friend who "bought" her license

Was an example of 1. and the above (equivalency) are legal requirements in many countries, so it is a licence to "drive" a vehicle.
~1m licenses are exchanged in the UK and - If you want me to expand. There are 50 countries with recognisable licenses that can be exchanged there are also EU countries being prosecuted for failure to harmonise.

A RYA skippers licence is the next step up from sailing a dinghy!

Your original post singled out Polish drivers. Thereby implying that it is only Polish drivers who can/do or will cheat the system.
Your supposed correction in the most recent post refers to RYA skipper's licence, not to driving licences in UK.
If corruption is possible in one EU country it is possible in all EU countries.
Your inference is that Polish drivers especially are worse drivers because their licences are available without passing a test, which is total bigotry, based on one of your supposed experiences.
Rubbish. He said he had a Polish friend. Why do you like to jump to the wrong conclusions and call people bigots then Drama Queen?

I wonder if you got some sleep and stopped posting on here at 4.28am that you may be able to think clearer.

Was an example of 1. and the above (equivalency) are legal requirements in many countries, so it is a licence to "drive" a vehicle.
Can you explain what that was supposed to mean, please, because it's as clear as mud.

~1m licenses are exchanged in the UK and - If you want me to expand.
No need. It's common knowledge that EU member state's licence can be exchanged for another EU member state. It is sometimes a legal requirement, for instance if you live in another EU country to that which you hold a driving licence for, and you are convicted of a driving offence, you are required to exchange your licence for one in that country in which you have been convicted.
Additionally, UK licences will not be issued to a foreign address, they will only be issued to a UK address. If the same applies to other countries, EU citizens living in UK, who do not have an address for their original country would be obliged to exchange their licence for a UK one at renewal.
How is all this relevant? It in no way supports your original inference that Polish licences are easily obtainable by corruption.

There are 50 countries with recognisable licenses that can be exchanged
How is this relevant? It in no way supports your original inference that Polish licences are easily obtainable by corruption.
there are also EU countries being prosecuted for failure to harmonise.
OK, please show me, I'm interested, but: How is this relevant? It in no way supports your original inference that Polish licences are easily obtainable by corruption.

Can you explain what that was supposed to mean, please, because it's as clear as mud.
You made a point that RYA skipper licence was no way comparable to a driving license. A day skipper ticket for example enables the holder to apply for International Certificates for Operator of Pleasure Craft competency, which is a legal requirement in many EU countries. So if you bought your skipper ticket, you could apply for ICC and hold a boat driving license without having completed any assessment or training.

Quite common in Greece according to my Russian neighbour last time I moored in Poros. To be fair 25 years ago UK holdiday companies were also issuing certificates without validation.

You made a point that RYA skipper licence was no way comparable to a driving license. A day skipper ticket for example enables the holder to apply for International Certificates for Operator of Pleasure Craft competency, which is a legal requirement in many EU countries. So if you bought your skipper ticket, you could apply for ICC and hold a boat driving license without having completed any assessment or training.

Quite common in Greece according to my Russian neighbour last time I moored in Poros. To be fair 25 years ago UK holdiday companies were also issuing certificates without validation.
All very good, but it in no way excuses your inference that Polish drivers' licenses are easily obtained through corruption.
In fact all you've done is throw in some totally irrelevant facts.

I wonder if you got some sleep and stopped posting on here at 4.28am that you may be able to think clearer.
Lol...that is when he is around BAS's place!!..pair of diy obsessed insomniacs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you dont understand the significance of inverted commas
As a proven racist, liar, fantasist, and someone who has never heard the phrase 'fellow traveler,' I don't have a high opinion of your command of the English language or its grammar.

There are 50 countries with recognisable licenses that can be exchanged
Do you mean more like 150 countries?
upload_2019-4-14_11-2-11.png

Lets Talk!
This service is for anybody, worldwide, regardless of residence status of the UK or EU to obtain a full driving licence without sitting any tests. It does not matter what country you are resident of or citizen of - we can help, even if you live outside the UK or EU! Once you have a driving licence through us, you can probably exchange it in your own country for a local driving licence or just use it without exchange. EU driving licences are accepted worldwide for driving and exchange. It does not matter what citizenship you hold!
https://drivinglicenceforeu.com/

there are also EU countries being prosecuted for failure to harmonise.
OK, please show me, I'm interested,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back