Middle lane hoggers = 3 points?

But I'v just had a call (hands free of course) and need to hurry up, what am I to do????????? :confused:

Sponsored Links
You are allowed to travel at 70 in the left lane.

Sponsored Links
Anyone who believes that driving at 40 in the middle lane of a motorway is not dangerous is self evidently an idiot.
Probably one of those people who've "never had an accident in 30 years of driving", but caused carnage in their wake.

surely the idea is to drive acording to the conditions of the road.. so on a free flowing motorway where all cars are doing 70, 40mph is not in keeping. Whereas, if the trafffice is slowing down, due to an incident, or debris on the road for example, whizzing past at 40 mph is dangerous..

Whereas, if the trafffice is slowing down, due to an incident, or debris on the road for example, whizzing past at 40 mph is dangerous..

That's obvious.
The context was a driver doing 40 in the middle lane of a free flowing motorway.

Whereas, if the trafffice is slowing down, due to an incident, or debris on the road for example, whizzing past at 40 mph is dangerous..

That's obvious.
The context was a driver doing 40 in the middle lane of a free flowing motorway.
on the wrong side of the motorway :LOL: :LOL:

That's been done a few times an' all. I bet you snico could tell a few tales about that.

That's obvious.

so the answer is that the person driving at 40mph is driving unsafely. however, if you can't cope with a car doing 40mph on the motorway, you're driving without due care and attention... after all, a wheelbarrow lost of a flatbed does quite a bit less than 40mph!

so the answer is that the person driving at 40mph is driving unsafely.

Which is what I said, so I agree......the rest is completely irrelevant.

It IS illegal to drive too slowly on a motorway, and there are roadsigns to enforce this.

really? care to post a picture of one?
I've never seen a "you must be going this fast to join the motorway" sign..

how do they cope with wide / oversize / special loads then?

If you quoted me properly. you will see that I stated that the signs are located at military installations for minimum speed limit. Not on motorways.

I also stated, but was misquoted that driving too slowly could be construed as obstruction, or dangerous driving.

please don't post 'half' quotes, then ignore the rest.

Some roads also have "minimum speed limits", where slow speeds can impede traffic flow or be dangerous and on motorways slower vehicles such as horse drawn vehicles, bicycles and mopeds can be banned, e.g. in the United Kingdom.

Signs often use a blue circles based on the obligatory signs of the Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals
- wikipedia.

One factor that is seldom mentioned is road quality.

Surely everyone has noticed that on some roads, driving in the lefthand lane is a noisy affair because of the additional wear and tear caused by the lorry traffic. Try driving those lanes in something sporty, and a bit of extra vibration in a Mondeo is scaled up to a lot of banging and skittishness in something like an Elise.

On some motorways, I would need to keep to 40 or 50 to drive in lane 1. But, on those same roads I can do 70 mph with no such drama in the other lanes. Possibly more, although I won't test that theory as I couldn't possibly break the speed limit, it's such a heinous crime. :eek:

If I WERE to have committed such an act, I expect that I would have noticed that people driving at 60-70mph on the motorway seem to be the most accommodating to those driving at significantly greater speeds as they seem to spot you approach and won't just pull in front of you without looking. People driving at a slower speed don't generally end up past lane 2 so don't cause much bother, but people doing 100mph are a real danger as they seem to assume nothing is going faster than them and will pull out in front of you or just sit there at 100 in the outside lane even though the other 2 or 3 lanes are empty for the next few miles.

Sponsored Links
Back