Political rival dies

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"Li Keqiang, the former Chinese premier who served under President Xi Jinping and was seen as a leading proponent of market-oriented reform in an increasingly state-led economy, has died aged 68, months after leaving office.

The senior Communist party official, who until March was the head of Xi’s cabinet and led economic policy for a decade, suffered a heart attack on Thursday in Shanghai, Xinhua said."

FT.com

I am only surprised he did not fall out of a window.

Sponsored Links
Busy getting rid of the opposition before he invades tywan.

Blup

"Li Keqiang, the former Chinese premier who served under President Xi Jinping and was seen as a leading proponent of market-oriented reform in an increasingly state-led economy, has died aged 68, months after leaving office.

The senior Communist party official, who until March was the head of Xi’s cabinet and led economic policy for a decade, suffered a heart attack on Thursday in Shanghai, Xinhua said."

FT.com

I am only surprised he did not fall out of a window.
It would be unusual for someone suffering a heart attack to also have such an accident as falling out of a window at the same time.
Normally Chinese ex-leaders live to a ripe old age.

Busy getting rid of the opposition before he invades tywan.

Blup
He was an ex-leader. He stepped down 12 months ago.
He did intend to step down in March of this year, at the end of his leadership, but voluntarily stepped down in october last year.
There had been political disagreements between the President XI Jinping and the Premier Li Keqiang since 2016.
An awful long time to wait to bump off someone after they've voluntarily stepped down.

Last edited:
They tend to bide their time, or the wrong drugs were given. You can't over estimate the deviousness of unelected politicians.

Blup

Sponsored Links
He was an ex-leader. He stepped down 12 months ago.
He did intend to step down in March of this year, at the end of his leadership, but voluntarily stepped down in october last year.
There had been political disagreements between the President XI Jinping and the Premier Li Keqiang since 2016.

He (was) retired much younger than is usual for Chinese leaders.

Having got near to the top of the greasy pole, he could have had another 20 years or more to consolidate his position.

He (was) retired much younger than is usual for Chinese leaders.

Having got near to the top of the greasy pole, he could have had another 20 years or more to consolidate his position.
He was obliged under the constitution to not stand for re-election.
He (any Premier) is only allowed two terms of five years each term.

They tend to bide their time, or the wrong drugs were given. You can't over estimate the deviousness of unelected politicians.

Blup

I know it's easy for westerners to believe any conspiracy theories about Chinese politics, but a suggestion that he was bumped off doesn't have a ring of credibility.
Sure, he and Xi Jimping were political adversaries, for at least a decade.
Sure he was on the left, and Xi was on the militaristic right.
But Li had had a coronary bypass operation, and he was excercising.
The South China Morning Post reported that he suffered a heart attack while swimming at the Dongjiao State Guest Hotel, where he was staying while visiting Shanghai. The newspaper also reported that Li previously had coronary artery bypass surgery
Sure that was reported in the Chinese press.

If it was intended to bump him off, there would be no valid reason to wait until he'd retired, when he was no longer politically active.
Sure there were positions available for him in the upper echelons of Chinese politics, but he had shown no interest in these.
The risk of being exposed for bumping him off could bring the current heirarchy to come crashing down with street protests, etc.
It wouldn't be worth the risk to kill off a retired, non-active politician.

Last edited:
Bumped off ;)

It’s how Chinese and Russian politics works

They are generally a little more smarter with the way they do it than dire ear a Stan dictatorships

Accidents ;)
Plane crash ;)
Suicides ;)
Etc ect

We’re as some one like the Saudis invite some bloke to there embassy and dismember them and we’re that thick they did not know that countries were actually spying on them and recorded the entire event

He was obliged under the constitution to not stand for re-election.
He (any Premier) is only allowed two terms of five years each term.

The President was also limited, but changed the constitution.

"China's Xi allowed to remain 'president for life' as term limits removed"

Your excuses are very unconvincing.

"The constitution has been altered to allow Xi Jinping to remain as president beyond two terms and they would not have gone to this much trouble if that was not exactly what he intended to do.
There has been no national debate as to whether a leader should be allowed to stay on for as long as they choose. Quietly but surely Xi Jinping has changed the way his country is governed, with himself well and truly at the core."

"The constitution has been altered to allow Xi Jinping to remain as president beyond two terms and they would not have gone to this much trouble if that was not exactly what he intended to do.
There has been no national debate as to whether a leader should be allowed to stay on for as long as they choose. Quietly but surely Xi Jinping has changed the way his country is governed, with himself well and truly at the core."

John, don't you think Roy's been through enough in the last few days? ;)

Firstly they aren't my excuses, and I reject the implication. I have no need nor desire to make 'excuses'. My comments are my analysis of the situation and the western led conspiracy ideas, instead of being lead by that western propganda.
Western porpaganda is as active or more so than any other region's propaganda. But like unconcsious bias we tend not to be aware of it.

Secondly, your analysis of the change in the Chinese constitution is also a western led view of the event. Look at that squirrel over there.
UK does not even have a constitution to restrict the terms of UK PMs, nor royalty, nor Lords. The UK Parliament is sovereign and can pass any laws it likes. If it wanted to suspend elections it could do. As it did during WW2 for ten years.

Indeed the BBC coverage and UK propganda machine was active in 2018, when the Brexit arguments were really heating up, and Parliament was illegally prorogued in 2019, by the third PM in as many years. Such was the parlous state of the UK political scene. (we're now onto our fifth PM in eight years.)

Thirdly, it isn't unusual for a country to amend its constitution, and in the case of China there were valid reasons for it. Rather than me explain it here, I suggest you read a non-western version. (East Asian, not Chinese)
Here is a very brief summary:
China’s ruler has three major titles: head of the Chinese Communist Party, head of the Central Military Commission and president of the People’s Republic of China. In other words, the ruler of China rules the Party, the military and the nation...
For the first decade or so, the presidency was not held by the actual ruler of China...
The presidency changed as China’s international commitments grew. It became an office that allowed the ruler to meet heads of state as equals...
So the presidency only became effectively rolled in together with the head of the Party and the head of the military as the titles belonging to China’s ruler in 1993....

So the president's term was time limited, but the head of the Miltary, and the head of the Party were not time limited.
So once Xi Jimping's presidential terms had expired, any meeting of other international leaders would refer back to the rather silly position of China having three heads of state. The heads of the military and the party being the real power, and the President being basically a ceremonial role.
As the role of President is only ceremonial, the change in the constitution does not have the impact that western propaganda would like you to believe.

But the role does now mirror that of most western states, only some have time limits on the leadership of the country (but not UK, Australia, Canada, etc https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_term_limits ). the leader of the country also being the head of the military and the head of the party.

And, no, before you start making accusations of me being a Xi Jimping supporter, as is the usual conclusion arrived at by many on here, (if you're not this, then you must be that :rolleyes:), let me declare categorically that I'm not a Xi Jimping supporter. I have no need nor desire to make excuses. But I am able to make an informed analysis of the situation, rather than be led by western propaganda and conspiracies.
Because I'm not a Catholic it does not make me a Christian, nor a Muslim, nor a Jew, nor a Mormon, etc, etc.

John, don't you think Roy's been through enough in the last few days? ;)
This thread now has my full attention because I've been locked out of the other threads.
Truth hurts so much that I'm not allowed to expose it on this site.
And the few, who hold the power to lock others out of threads for exposing the truth, exploit it to their advantage.
They're content to discuss issues as long as they're 'winning the argument', but when their views are exposed for being illogical, biased or plain wrong, I'm locked out again. :rolleyes:

I also note that Notch's racist reference to immigrants eating pet food still remains. But my criticisms and explanation of why his comments are racist have been deleted.
Another claimed: "They're content with Kitekat [cat food] and dog food, instead of ordinary meat."

Truth hurts so much on this site it mustn't be allowed to be spoken or written.

Last edited:
If you are so offended why do you still spout all your drivel instead of leaving again?

That Kim il
Jung had his uncle bumped off ? Afaik he was blown up with a cannon or artillery shell ??

Some thing the brits did in India back in the day tie some one to the out let of a canon ?? And pull the trigger ??

Have any of you conspirator theorists EVER entertained the idea that some people do die naturally or after a serious illness?

Sponsored Links
Back