pollycell smooth over help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one help me with this product.Iv called the help line and ' your supposed to roller it on the literally scrape it off' but is seems too thick to do this .Could it be my bare wall recently stripped of paper.Ther are no preparation tips on the web ad or the tin.Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I have never used this product at all, so I can't speak from experience, but I did look at the video on the website. It seemed to go on easy enough for the demonstrator, but then it would wouldn't it. He just dipped the roller into the mixture, put it onto the wall/ceiling, and using a spatula, scraped it off, leaving just enough on the wall to smooth it off. He used it on plain walls, ceilings, over artex, wallpaper,,,,, basically anything that didn't move. :LOL: Maybe it should be stirred before application. I think it is harder to do, than it's made out to be, and you would need a little knowledge on how to spread onto a wall with the tool they supply. When it had dried out, any marks were sanded out and then it was decorated. Takes just 6 hours to do....so they say. Pricey though.....It's probably easy stuff to work with when you know how.

Roughcaster.

After stripping my landing and stairs (of woodchip) I was left with a real mess with bits of surface plaster missing. Couldn't afford to get it plastered so ended up getting some of this stuff. Found it too dry to work with initially, but found wetting the wall first, then smearing it on with an old emulsion brush and smoothing it over with the blue bladey thing worked for me. Got a really good smooth finish by the time I'd got used to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back