1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Polo E 1.2 (08 plate) torque settings

Discussion in 'Car Repairs / Maintenance' started by northernchappy, 31 Jul 2018.

1. northernchappy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yea, me again lol.. :eek:z,

Looking for torque settings for spark plugs, oil sump and filter , been looking online but info. appears elusive.
    any suggestions where I can get em? looked in the manual that came with car but only torque settings found so far are the roadwheel bolts

2. Burnerman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does the car have the 3 cylinder engine?
    Anyway - spark plugs between 25 and 30 Nm, the sump plug 35 Nm.......just nipped up plus a little more!
    If the engine has the paper filter below the black plastic cap then tighten the cap fully by hand and then the tiniest bit more :whistle: sorry to be a bit vague on that one but that's how its done! Only use a big hexagon socket on the filter cap.
    The coil packs (on the end of each plug) can be very carefully pulled clear by hand, but I believe a forked tool is available. Basically the pack is pulled directly off the plug without bending anything. The plugs are well recessed and best dealt with with a 3/8" drive ratchet and extension. I use a magnetic plug socket which is very useful in these situations.
    John :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. northernchappy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks john. Found out 25nm for the oil filter. Its embossed on the filter casing lol,, yep your right, 3 cylinder. Will get sorted before the cold weather and early nights draw in

4. mointainwalker

Thanks Received:
    France
    Couldn't you have chosen some other phrases so as not to remind us that August inexorably gives way to September, then October etc ...?

• Like Like x 1
  5. northernchappy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    "before the gingle of santa's sleigh bells" then.. Lol