1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Polycarb. roof modification

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by Nige F, 4 Feb 2016.

1. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just seeing if it's feasible to leave my sunroom roof as is and : 1 cover it with rubber sheet stuck on :2 fill the underside with celotex then cover with upvc soffit boards. Basically to save stripping it all and rebuilding with extra joists to take the weight of boarding and felt. It's 4m long by 2m and a simple lean to @ the back of the garage to under the eaves of the bungalow. Work could be done from above off a Youngmans supported on the garage and a tower scaffold. Over to you guys and thanks in advance.

2. catlad

catlad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sounds sweaty all that pvc and rubber ;)

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    :LOL: good one Catlad - but you can't foresee any problems ? Will I get bubbles in my rubber ?

5. catlad

catlad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have never tried to bond rubber to pvc but I would have thought it would stick well. I would suggest a test piece first.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks catlad - I can do that because the polycarb. overhangs the inside wall by about 300mm on a soffit/facia. I'll do some test pieces there where they won't show. And leave over the summer(y)

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local