polycarbonate conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a conservatory built in July 2012 - tinted polycarbonate roofing was used as its south facing. In October I noticed that condensation had started to form between sheets, this has gradually got worse. Asked company to have a look - they said because it was October this will happen. I'm very unhappy with roof now, if condensation does dry out it leaves water marks, am I entitled to claim a new roof or can this be remedied another way?

Sponsored Links
sound like water getting into the end profile to me but i am no expert
or it could be the cells had some moisture trapped when constructed
but again no expert

We have a tinted polycarb roof on our conservatory done in September.
Can't say ours has moisture inside, i'll also guess that the ends aren't sealed, but i'm no expert on this subject.
Something did fall inside one of the sheets during installation, so they swapped it out.

Sponsored Links
We had some problems with our conservatory when we moved house a couple of years ago. It was really old and shabby looking, and it was way too cold to go into over Christmas because it was absolutely freezing. My husband and I couldn’t afford to do anything at first so put it off, hoping we’d be able to go in when the weather got better. Then summer came and the conservatory was way too hot. Our friend had similar issues with hers and told us about a company ........ I know you’ve just had yours done but I’ve been telling anyone and everyone about them since they helped us! We’d had quotes to knock down the conservatory completely and start all over again but it was just too expensive. So we gave them a ring, they had a look and told us to think about getting a replacement glass roof. It was so much cheaper than building a new conservatory altogether so we decided to go with it. The whole thing only took two days to finish and the glass is self-cleaning. The conservatory looks so much better, and we can go in whenever we want now :D

thanks - not a road I want to go down - conservatory cost £10,000 only few months ago!!!!!!!!

you need to get them back to fix it properly
and don't do anything yourself as they may blame the problem on whatever you do to help them "wash there hand " off the problem before its satisfactorily resolved

sounds like moisture is trapped in the cell structure if its forming inside of them. if they are sealled at both ends then it will keep happening. get them back!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back