Polycell damp proof paint Any good?

Then you are in a way a little like me, for whilst I often don't get it right!!! Neither do you.

Dec

It is fascinating to see the syntax (and thus the meaning) of a language I love being so comprehensively mangled!

If not English, which language(s) are you fluent in?

Sponsored Links
There was a paint system many years back called Syntax, are you not familiar with it.

Dec

There was a paint system many years back called Syntax, are you not familiar with it.

Dec
No, but if all the word connotes for you is an obsolete paint system, that would explain much :D

(The reason I asked about your first language was because your use of English syntax is highly interesting and unusual at times). It would be productive to analyse it, in fact.

Sponsored Links
Who said it was obsolete, I didn't.

Dec

Yes, you did. Your use of the imperfect past tense ['There was...'] and the postmodifying adverbial 'many years back' definitely conveyed that impression (intentionally or otherwise) .

If it were still used today, you would presumably have said 'There is a paint system called Syntax'.

Yawn.

Not really, it was termed as Syntax many years ago, yet this system however is available today though under a different name with a more refined binder. And guess what,I sure ain't going to tell you.

Now grow up,

Dec

And guess what,I sure ain't going to tell you.

Now grow up,

Dec

Forward in the democratisation of knowledge, eh. ;)

Time for your tablet again, I reckon!

Dull as this non-conversation has been, I've found out what I needed to know...so I'll bid you good night. Try to wake up tomorrow in a more sociable mood!

Enzo.

The salts are what is called the early formation of efflorescence as already pointed out by MrH, the important thing to remember here is in no way dampen or wet the surface.

Using a dry rag or a broad edged scraper remove the infestation and cover the entire area with an alkali resisting primer, again mentioned by MrH

Dec

Thanks for the quick reply Dec.
Before I go ahead and do that is there anything I can do to ensure that this would work? Something to look out for maybe or a technique involved?

Thanks again.

Enzo

When you apply the primer make sure that you fully cover the infestation and feather your primer out to a point where your brush is void of paint, this will both ensure that the area is both fully covered, and elminate any sanding of the edges in order to establish a uniform finish.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back