Polypipe vs copper for CH plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are replumbing an entire house, rads, hot water etc, due to a major renovation. (ripping out all the existing old system, copper, rads etc)

Builder suggests using poly-pipe rather than copper for all the CH, with final copper ends up to the new (as yet un-chosen) rads.

Is this the correct modern way to do it, only ever lived in, and dealt with, copper plumbing before.

Any there any issues to be aware of?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Use a top quality barrier pipe, correct inserts and fittings and support it properly and you will be fine. I'm still a copper man myself though.

You don't want push fit plastic under the floor as the joints will leak.
Unless you fit access boxes. Which can be a tad unsightly.

Sponsored Links
I wonder how many engineers on here have been called out to leaking push fit as the above statement makes it seem like a common issue.

I've never been called to a leaking push fit, other than incorrectly installed without inserts

Maybe all this work passes me by

Personally I don't entertain plastic pipe for CH.

Copper all the way, properly clipped, thoroughly flushed out and correctly dosed with inhibitor.

Builders prefer plastic pipe as a lot only use a blow lamp for burning rubbish.

James.

Its a company website you dick - what do you think it is for? :rolleyes:

Jesus, I know the average IQ of farm hands is low, but to suddenly realise that a company website gallery is there for self promotion is one thing.

But to think it is a vanity exercise is a different level of stooopidity altogether :rolleyes:

That what it looks like to me.
People don't want to see their walls lashed with copper. Whether its good or bad they don't know the difference.
Still nothing on there that really impresses me. Something that would make me say ..."yes I'd like that in my home".

Jesus, I know the average IQ of farm hands is low, but to suddenly realise that a company website gallery is there for self promotion is one thing.

But to think it is a vanity exercise is a different level of stooopidity altogether :rolleyes:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Leave the dumb Irish oik alone ;) :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Leave the dumb Irish oik alone ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Says the dumb manc with 17 thanks to his name.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back