Central heating system fitted in one day?

When you get a quote this info is for everyone, always ask if they are using any push-fit stuff as we got caught out on one of our rnetals when we had a new bathroom inc shower at a rental. The pushfit leaked a couple of days ;ater in the loft of a bungalow and good job I'd gone back to check it ie the new bioiler was working and no leaks re bathroom etc. The gut returned the same day no apogy and muttered "it was loose" - thanfully damaged was limited to a foot square and a bit of zinner pait did the trick a few days later.

Up until that time I thought people installing bathrooms and new boilers only used copper and solder. - guy called him self a "plumber" my foot
You're talking about old style push fittings that needed the plastic nut being tightened.
I too saw those leak because they were loose.
The new ones are fool proof, as long as you push them in fully and use pipe inserts they never leak.
At least the hep2o that I use, can't comment on other brands, although I haven't come across a leaky one yet.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back