Polyplumb underfloor heating - Retrofit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was hoping to get an opinion to see if its likely to be worthwhile retrofitting underfloor heating to our existing house, here is the background info :

10 year old timber frame detached house - minimal insulation when built but I am refitting and upgrading insulation as I redecorate and refurb rooms of the house.

New Vaillant Combi boiler (Ecotec 937) with polyplumb central heating pipework throughout the house and all rads fitted with Pegler Terrier TRVs except hallway radiator (near controller) and 2 towel radiators in the bathroom and en-suite.

The floor height increase isnt too much of an issue as we are refurbing many of the downstairs rooms and so trimming doors etc to cater for the new floor height isnt much of an issue.

Really the main issue is that there is no insulation in the concrete base slab of the property and I dont believe radiators are a the most efficient way to heat a room - the retrofit polyplumb underfloor heating has insulated panels and looks a decent way of converting your central heating to underfloor.

Supposedly the newer condensing boilers work well with underfloor heating due to the low temperatures involved, but is the expense worth the savings/hassle. This will be a DIY install.

I will most likely be looking to install underfloor heating on the ground floor only with rads upstairs.

Any thoughts or am i wasting my time in considering it ??

Thanks

Shady

Sponsored Links
No i would say polyplumbs original overlay system is well worth thinking about , I'v fitted as retro option and it works fine, Does work different to having the pipes in a traditional screed system, it warm's up quicker but cools down quicker. Not a cheap option but well worth it in my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back