Retrofit wet underfloor heating in conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am considering my option/ the cost of installing retrofitting an underfloor heating system in my conservatory.

The conservatory is about 5 years old and has a tiled floor with a single radiator. Its quite small at around 8m2 floor area.

My current thinking is that, could I plumb off the radiator to provide the underfloor heating? By doing this I could avoid the need for a separate pump, but would I need a manifold/ gubbins or can the pipes just extend into the screed?

The next question I have is what is the minimum thickness required for underfloor heating? I currently have about 25mm to play with above my current tiles. I can remove my existing tiles and potentially the screed below, but not sure if this would be enough.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a perfect year round system, just something that will provide a little more heat into the room, and the thought of a warm floor is quite appealing! We are happy to use an electric fan to top up the heat when it is cold.

Please don't suggest electric heating mats, this is something I am not interested at all in using, and if the above cannot be achieved then I will leave it.

Many thanks for input/ advice.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back