Viessmann 200w Weather compensation - underfloor heatg ?

why would you not want to use the viessmann mixer I think is a more relevant question..

You don't need all those actuators and the thermostats for a cart, you don't have to run the boiler at an uneconomically high temperature, so you save a bit there.

On the plus side the viessmann mixer has a multitude of parameters that enable you to tailor the heating system to the building/ zone.

Of course one reason people don't like these controls is that no one actually teaches us to use them, but the answers are in the viessmann books, and viessmanns technical help is second to none...

Sponsored Links
why would you not want to use the viessmann mixer I think is a more relevant question..

When it costs over £500 and the area in question is 18sw/m I think are valid reasons.

What size area is the viessmann kit designed for?

Any... actually you can do the whole lot for less than that

it is not a cheap option I agree, but it is the fit for purpose option...and the OP has specified it...

I don't think we should be discouraging potential clients from spending money with us...

Turkeys don't generally vote for Christmas..

More sales spin. Why am I not surprised.

What size area is the smallest Viessmann mixer kit designed for?

Sponsored Links
they have 15mm valves so as small as you want I suspect...

Is the complaint about sales spin really a complaint about lack of information...

I thought you fitted these valves and would know the details.
I'm off now to squeeze some water out of a stone as thats a lot easier.

I thought you fitted these valves and would know the details.
I'm off now to squeeze some water out of a stone as thats a lot easier.

I know what you mean... I don't know what to tell you because I don't know what you don't know...

a real catch 22 position that all installers find themselves in..

Try one, you'll be amazed how simple and effective it is!

OOh yes. Every home should have one of these.
Even if not used just shine it up and place it on the mantle piece.

Do you know by any chance what area the Viessmann mixer kit is designed for?

Do you think it will handle 18sq/m?

yes of course it can... obviously how big an area the valve can cover depends on a lot...

other 22mm electronic mixing valves I have doing at least 120 square meters...

Ok now were getting somewhere.
So the valve is 22mm and can heat 120sq/m.

And you want to sell it to a customer heating 18sq/m.
As I stated earlier. Madness.

its madness for you, but if you have a weather compensated boiler, you need a weather compensated mixing vale...

the reason is self evident, a call for heat for the floor with on off controls will need a supply temp much higher than a. compensated flow, which tends to setlle at around 50c...

you could do it the other way round... weather comp the floor because of the thermal inertia, off a fixed flow temp system...that would work

but the ideal is both weather compensated...

a call for heat for the floor with on off controls will need a supply temp much higher than a. compensated flow

Not with the Danfoss rtl valve. If the flow drops as low as the rtl setting of say 30c then it will perform as intended.
Double meander loop is important.
£50 quid. Job done.

i guess the difference is between an apple and a pc....both do the same thing...but at vastly different prices...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back