Polypropylene waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why can't Polypropylene pipe be used with solvent on the connections?
Is it ok to use 'pipe weld' on this typr of pipe or do I have to use push-fit or compression?

Sponsored Links
Is it ok to use 'pipe weld' on this typr of pipe or do I have to use push-fit or compression?

Not really sure but the only time I used polypropylene pipe was externally and the fittings were all push-fit. The only thing I can think of is that it's supposed to take higher water temperatures than ABS or MUPVC, so whether there's an expansion issue might explain it.

Not really sure but the only time I used polypropylene pipe was externally and the fittings were all push-fit. The only thing I can think of is that it's supposed to take higher water temperatures than ABS or MUPVC, so whether there's an expansion issue might explain it.

Thanks.

Don't think Polypropylene pipe is suitable for exterior use. Something to do with no UV protection and it becomes brittle (or something like that)

Sponsored Links
Don't think Polypropylene pipe is suitable for exterior use. Something to do with no UV protection and it becomes brittle (or something like that)

It was only for overflow from roof tanks. It had to exit close to walkway so had to be brought down the wall, customer wanted black and it's all the local merchant had hence only time I've used it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back