Polystyrene paper adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old house with solid brick walls, walls are cold and damp so I've put up some thermal paper. I used regular solvite extra strong but some parts of it are peeling off.

I see now there is thermal adhesive which is probably what I should have used. Should I tear it all down and start again or just remove the peeling bits and re-apply using the correct adhesive? 95% of the paper is stuck flat.

Could It be peeling just because it's cold though? The Old paper was peeling away in the same spots and that was regular wallpaper stuck using regular adhesive.

Thanks. Lee.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's not damp causing the pealing? Wallrock thermal liner (just used some brilliant improvement!) has it's own adhesive it seems more like a pva consistency than normal paste.
That said I would try some vinyl overlap adhesive on the lifting bits before going to mad stripping.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back