Pond pump connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am constructing a pond and some surrounding landscaping. A path runs right along one side of the pond and I have brought SWA cable up a metre away from the pond on the side of the path away from the pond. (It's positioned like that so that we can hide any connection box etc with planting.) I understand that pond pumps come complete with a length of cable which I will need to run to the connection box. For regulations purposes I presume this will need to run this under the path at more than 18" depth as per the SVA but at this stage I can only install a conduit of some sort. What spec should this conduit be? I do have an electrician involved who is advising and will do the final connections but he's away at the moment and the scalpings are going down on the path tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
There's always going to be a short length of unprotected flex where pond pumps are involved, but if it must be buried then it would best be enclosed in earthed metal conduit to provide mechanical protection.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back