poor forum answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
robpegs said:
ok 99% a little over the top , but reading the last 30 or so posts , the follow up is very poor , great to see a forum like this , but because a boiler cant be touch by mr diy , this does not mean that a question can not be answered, you don't need a ccn1 or acops to answer

Rob, unless someone is a psychic, the quality of the answer if purely dependent on the quality of the question.

When you get people post things like..

My fuse keeps blowing on the sockets and I cannot reset the switch, what should I do?

or

I changed my light fitting for a new one I bought from B&Q but now the light stays on all the time and the switch turns off the hall light now..Help, what is wrong with my new light?

The above quotes are examples, no names no packdrill, but these are stupid questions as the answer to the first could be anything, but the Guy needs to determine whether he has fuses or MCB's protecting the ring first off.

The second shows the person should stick to doing other things as they can't even figure out that it was THEIR actions that caused the problem, they are convinced it is the light fitting they just bought!!!

Before posting, people should understand that we will help as much as is possible without actually being there, but we need information to make an accurate determination of the problem.

By the way..threads like this are F******* stupid and inane. If you don't like the answers, go elsewhere, on here the vast bulk of posters are grateful for the help they are offered.

Sponsored Links
By the way..threads like this are f******* stupid and inane. If you don't like the answers, go elsewhere, on here the vast bulk of posters are grateful for the help they are offered.

chers jim ;)

robpegs said:
Sounds like nothing is going to change , maybe KEV should take over the running of the forum , he seems to have all the answers 'NOT, also like the sound of his own voice.

The forums success is down to guys like kev, beezer, and god knows how many in the other foruns, thousands log on here every week, and get good advice, and sometimes advice they don't like, gas comes to mind, and that will not change.

As for the banter keep it up guys lets have some fum for are troubles, robpegs will disappear and turn up on screwfix, or AsktheTrade but we will be there as well :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i was only making a point that the answers where very poor, with little follow up, guess i can not have a point of view .
any way as this is my last post ,keep up the good work , and hope i don't have some of you to sort my boiler out,no wounder boiler repairs are so expensive , you don't know your a** from your elbow

Sponsored Links
Rob..what do you do for a living? Are you a DIYer or a QUALIFIED tradesman??

I'll bet your one of those annoying neighbours some people have that says "Naaaa, you didn't want to do it like that"

Honestly Rob, I hope your so dissapointed you f.u.c.k off and annoy people on another forum..cos your about as welcome here as an HIV carrier in a brothal!!

robpegs said:
i was only making a point that the answers where very poor, with little follow up, guess i can not have a point of view .
any way as this is my last post ,keep up the good work , and hope i don't have some of you to sort my boiler out,no wounder boiler repairs are so expensive , you don't know your a** from your elbow

I doubt you could have an opinion let alone a point of view

problem solved....hold on he wanted advice on a boiler yet he was able to comment on advice given....waste of time asking then.....best go and pay money.
Nice to see so many people who are normally at 6s and 7s over various topics of debate can agree on certain things! :D

robapig said:
Sounds like nothing is going to change , maybe KEV should take over the running of the forum , he seems to have all the answers 'NOT, also like the sound of his own voice.

OK, don't stand on the touchline carping, get on the pitch and show us how it should be done. What useful information do YOU have to impart to the people posting queries? If you don't answer, or provide something useful in the way of information, we can reasonably assume you are another parasite who can belittle other people's efforts while being unable to to share the load of problem solving.

Thermo said:
Nice to see so many people who are normally at 6s and 7s over various topics of debate can agree on certain things! :D

Based on the principle "My enemy's enemy is my friend ". works fine 'til the enemy's dead, then we can get on bit ching at each other.

And on that note Oilman...

bit ch bit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit chbit ch:D

OK lads...I ran out of my medication...I'll get the coat and go to the chemists!! :D

dont know about you guy's, but i kinda enjoyed readin this thread................makes a change from all the c/h stuff. glad to see you all stickin together on a united front.........

jasonvaughan said:
dont know about you guy's, but i kinda enjoyed readin this thread................makes a change from all the c/h stuff. glad to see you all stickin together on a united front.........

Ditto :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back