Poor mains pressure, electric, power, pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post here, great board. Hello all.

Sorry if this question has been asked before i have searched.

I am installing a second bathroom at home. In the existing bathroom i have a mains feed mixer type shower, supplied with hot and cold water feeds. Works fine, pressure is fine, is subject to temp variations when a tap elsewhere is turned on.

I have gas combi boiler.

I want to install a shower in the second bathroom and have taken across a cold water feed from the back of the bath in the first bathroom.

Now when the cold water tap is turned on downstairs in the kitchen the pressure at the coldwater tap in the first bathroom is reduced to a dribble! making me think that the pressure is very poor (hmm perhpas something to do with the HUGE estate just been built behind my house!).

I thought that using a powershower (with a pump?) would resolve this problem but then i read that there not to be feed directly from mains and you need a hot water tank??

At this point im confused? do i need to install a coldwater tank/reservior? a pump? erm erm????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JA

Sponsored Links
Would suggest a mains water booster set....pump/pressure vessel....try Stuart-Turner on Google....Quality pumps ;) Nice to hear you`re not a NIMBY in Surrey :LOL:

Thanks Nige,

I got in touch with Stuart Turner and to be honest it all got a little bit to complex for me!

If i understand this correctly, to boost the pressure with a pump, i would need to first install a brake tank (pressumably a reservior to ensure that the pump is never trying to pump more water than is available).

So.. to go that route involves installing a tank, lots of extra pipe work and erm £££!

If this is the only solution then it will need to be done but are there alternatives?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back