Poor quality Overlap fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In process of having fence panel changed, going 50/50 with neighbour, they showed me the type of panel that would be used.

It's a standard overlap fence but it looked cheap to me and I noticed straight away the wooden frame around it rather than being a nice thick wood of say couple of inch, it was litterally a thin piece of wood all around it, didnt look robust to me even looked like a kind of temperory panel. Before I start trying to negoiate with neighbour to spend a few more quid on better panels, does what I describe sound like some kind of cheapo, value panel or are they like that these days ? I havent been able to find any on web that have the same kind of crappy frame with thin wood.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Are they like these type I have?

It sounds like standard panels to me. They are quite cheap and nasty but last ok.

You can get better quality ones but the price might double.

Or make your own there not that hard to make.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back