Poor quality window installation: opinions wanted!

Maybe they took them out of next door after they complained, probably moving along from one house to the next

Lol.
Made me think of the movie Shooting Fish. They go down a row of terrace houses selling loft insulation and move it all from one attic to the next.

Sponsored Links
They just haven't been cleaned properly (possibly at all lol)
They get filthy while you are fitting them from hand prints and hammer drilling, Also when you take off the protective tape it makes them super static so they are quite literally a magnet for all that dirt.

The odds of ever finding a second hand window to perfectly fit another house are about almost 0, To find a whole house of perfectly fitting windows 0%. I'm not saying these are perfectly fitted though.

I'm not talking about the clenliness, I'm looking at the joints and welds, they are appauling. I've fitted many Rehau windows and have never ever seen new windows in the state these are. My Rehaus always look superbly clean after a fit with no need to additionally clean.

Ah Rehau, not the profile it used to be 20 years ago I'm afraid, how are you getting on with S706 in particular the coextruded gasket on the beads?

Ah Rehau, not the profile it used to be 20 years ago I'm afraid, how are you getting on with S706 in particular the coextruded gasket on the beads?

Can't say it's ever given me a problem. I have seen some people have had the gasket not sit entirely in line, but not something which has happened to me.

Sponsored Links
I'm not talking about the clenliness, I'm looking at the joints and welds, they are appauling. I've fitted many Rehau windows and have never ever seen new windows in the state these are. My Rehaus always look superbly clean after a fit with no need to additionally clean.

How do you get over the brick dust after fitting or hand prints on the glass. Wish I never had to clean after a install but it doesn't happen

How do you get over the brick dust after fitting or hand prints on the glass. Wish I never had to clean after a install but it doesn't happen

Dust on the inside from drilling I vacuum up and when fitting the glazing units I glove up, but if there were hand prints on the glass, it's not going to make a pvc frame look like an old second hand one like the ones in this thread.

They've fitted second hand windows, without a doubt. Tell them to clear off.

Sorry ...I can't see those being secondhand....surely the op would have noticed all the old silicone and cr4p that would still be on them? never seen an old window come out and be able to be passed as a new one , that would take some serious cleaning! Do you fit many secondhand windows then to quantify your comment ?

The OP could dispell this very quickly by confirming if they was protective tape on the when the fitter was putting them in.

You also mention that you use Rehau ....it isn't the profile normally that is the issue ...its the manufacturer of the finished window, which is what I see the issues being in this installation ...other than cleaning!

Sorry ...I can't see those being secondhand....surely the op would have noticed all the old silicone and cr4p that would still be on them? never seen an old window come out and be able to be passed as a new one , that would take some serious cleaning! Do you fit many secondhand windows then to quantify your comment ?

These don't pass as new windows in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. If others think these are satisfactory, well...

You also mention that you use Rehau ....it isn't the profile normally that is the issue ...

Never said it was.

its the manufacturer of the finished window, which is what I see the issues being in this installation ...other than cleaning!
Yep, either the manufacturer, or they had the usual damage when being removed from next door.

They've fitted second hand windows, without a doubt. Tell them to clear off.
That's what I was thinking - maybe the gaps/cracks in the frame are where they've cut the frame down to size and re-joined it...might also explain why someone thought the glass was improperly sized (too big)?

Am I missing something here??? how do you know for certain they are Rehau? Other profiles use chamfered internal beads...and why would anybody go to all the hassle of cutting old frames to fit and trying to reweld them? let alone cleaning up old frames to reuse them, claiming they are new..I just can;'t see it I'm afraid, there is nothing in those photos that leads me to beleive that they are taken from another property and made to fit but to dispel any doubt OP needs to ask the company he purchased them from ...

As for the marks etc on the frames ... bear in mind the OP has taken close up pictures of these frames , and in his own words, not very good photos

We need the OP back on to answer a few of the points raised though

Second hand windows, never heard so much rubbish in my life, here's some second hand windows

2016-09-19-21-36-33-2134236272.jpeg

images.jpg

Look identical quality to the OPs windows don't they

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back